SWBFSpy Connection Issue (SWBF2)

Started by William, December 03, 2017, 12:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've encountered an issue where two of my friends can't both reside on the same server and I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem. Below I will list some of the things I've already tried doing

1. I've confirmed that it isn't a server issue as they have tried multiple servers to no avail

2. It doesn't appear to be a firewall issue because one of them tried disabling their firewall entirely

3. It's also probably not a location issue as they both live very far away

4. One of them tried changing their IP and cdkey, so that can be ruled out as well

5. No error message is given, only they can't connect to a server they otherwise could have before the other joined

December 03, 2017, 06:12:55 AM #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:14:52 AM by Led
The most important item in hosting your own server is to properly set up port forwarding.  I suspect that this may have been neglected.  There is a post detailing which ports.  If you can't find it, let me know.

edit:

Dealing with your Router
------------------------

If you have a firewall/router you must enable portforwarding so that other people can connect to your computer. I know how to configure my router, but I don't know anything about yours though, so please consult your router manual.

If you know all about your router and how to portforward, then portforward ports 3658, 3659, 6500, and 27900, 29910, 29920 (both TCP and UDP) to your host computer.

If you have a software firewall, like one built into windows, then you will need to deal with that, too, by allowing access for battlefront.  If are having troubles, try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if it works--then, if it does work, at least now you know what the issue is.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet