WIP Model Showcase Thread

Started by Giftheck, August 23, 2017, 07:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Heres two things:
One is the track (a blender cube extruded along a path), and a cool plateau lounge.

Neither are done, I did it this afternoon showing my sibling how to mod. I think I'll probably just fix the graphical bugs, add a few rings and props that look racy, and release it for a racing map. I'll definitely look into faster speeders, since they seem a little slow.

Looks fun! Are you considering putting objects on the track?

Here is a shot of my current last port:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It has almost 60k triangles;

It is coming along nicely, it will be introduced for Battlefront Ultimate Commander.
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

That looks awsome  :moo: can't wait to see more progress!

Thx :)
Here is the baby; fully operational. I was forced to add these beams-laser balls from the Republic Gunship due to balancing issues. They are from Free Radical's LAAT/i. I'll try to find a way and remove them. Space balance isn't that easy.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Cdt Fox on December 01, 2017, 11:43:10 AM
Thx :)
Here is the baby; fully operational. I was forced to add these beams-laser balls from the Republic Gunship due to balancing issues. They are from Free Radical's LAAT/i. I'll try to find a way and remove them. Space balance isn't that easy.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Looking pretty good there! And yeah, the gunship did look like it was missing something.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

December 01, 2017, 01:00:24 PM #21 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:08:11 PM by Cdt Fox
Quote from: Gistech on December 01, 2017, 12:08:21 PM
Looking pretty good there! And yeah, the gunship did look like it was missing something.

But actually it feels a little bit weird, Free Radical designed the model without these laser turrets. I would love to remove them but i don't know by what i can replace them. I tried heavy weapons for the main blasters, other proton missiles/torpedoes and still not. The rebel side is loosing most of the time.

Or maybe by default they loose? It will certainly remain that way until i find a fix. I'm open if anyone has ideas.  :)

Been working on an 'improved' E-5S sniper rifle, inspired heavily by the new Battlefront.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Some minor improvements to my A280 model. I spent most of the day remodelling part of the scope (the front 'shroud') to be more 3D, and once I had done that, I also added some more model detail to the main body.

Old:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

New:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I've also, as a result, modified my A280-CFE to account for the changes made to the receiver on this model. It also made me go back and redo the scope on my A280C, DLT-19X and DLT-20A as well.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hey guys!

Made this R2D2 model today. Not 100% accurate, but I am pretty happy with it.  :cheers:

That looks really cool! Good job!  :tu:
In Progress:

On Hold:

Thanks! I might release it tomorrow or in a few days. Gotta make a low resolution version and a shadow model.

Just a little something I threw together. The barrel and scope is from Sereja's EE-3 model but I modeled the grip and body anew based on the EA EE-4 render.

I'm at uni right now so I don't have a wireframe to show you guys. I've sent Sereja a message asking if it's okay for me to release this publicly - as it's part his model I don't want to just assume (even if his readme says 'use them as you wish')
In Progress:

On Hold:

Wooooowww!!!!!!! All models are fantastic  :tu: