a tank mesh

Started by Xfire Keenmike aka cull, December 01, 2009, 01:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 01, 2009, 01:49:54 AM Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:01:42 AM by keenmike
hi, can anyone work with this download and convert it to a swbf1 mesh?
http://www.escalight.com/tutorials/3dsmax-tutorials/tank-caterpillar-track-animation.html
there is also random free objects.
http://www.escalight.com/free-stuff/3d-models/
i would be cool to see something like this in a swbf1 map

I wish i could do something like that on my mac-that looks awsome.  The rolling treads might be a problem though.  It could have a weapon like the ibn heavy trooper on the map ranen platforms (can be found on ryano's custom list)
Speaking of tanks, is it possible to do editing to make a clone turbo tank on my mac?

i have a feeling sites like this have been tried before. i just hope some one hasnt tried this one. it would be cool to see different tanks.

The treads will be a problem...I don't think the SWBF engine allows for anything like that. I like the idea of having different tanks though  :tu:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Oh well. treads not moving is not the worst thing that could happen.  As long as it was proper weaponary, the treads will be hardly noticable, however, if it is just simply a skin with no modded firing points, then theres no point of the mod.

from far away seeing a different tank would be fun. even if the treads are not moving.

Along with a litle weapn mod-like a flack launcher except it only explodes on impact.  Thats got quite a punch-the tank should be a good match for the others.  The map ranen: platforms has a good flack launcher in it.  that weapon would be perfect for the tank.

That's a Hetzer (link), a WWII German tank destroyer (i.e. it does not carry a flak launcher as its main weapon). I made a nearly-complete Panzer IV model a while back, which I posted on GT - would you like it (to add to the "collection")? It's untextured, though.
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

yes, please add it to mpcgamers.com collection. i hope to look for it in gametoast. thank you.

Quoteit does not carry a flak launcher as its main weapon
I know that, i was just suggesting that the flack launcher from another map could be modified into a tank weapon like a heavy cannon or something.

December 02, 2009, 07:29:13 PM #10 Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:30:46 PM by ag
I could always port that tank you wanted, Keenmike, but it's illegal for me to distribute that tank without permission of the original author.

#TYBG

sorry, ag, i was talking to Satellite. i would then hope that some one would make a mod i like with this tank.