CTF in SWBF1?

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, November 20, 2009, 06:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I like CTF in SWBF2, it's also a pretty common game mode in the shooter category, easily one of the coolest. (Conquest is better though, the "Normal" play.) So I was wondering if CTF is possible in BF1. So, is it? A good, old fashioned 2-flag capture the flag?

Ehh, I guess it could be possible if you used vehicles or something, but that's doubtful

The idea's been suggested before...if I remember somebody suggested it then Bomb tried something but it was glitchy...don't know what happened after that. I suppose it's possible if you really worked at it but as our modders will tell you the SWBF1 engine really limits modding. Alot of stuff just isn't possible.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

with imagination anything is possible. maybe title the server and request cool guys to stick to the server title. either way count me in on what ever comes up.

the main idea i've seen for this was a new gametype i had come up with, that made the objective more open, its not exactly like CTF but it is as BD said, making a vehicle a CP, both teams have one and both teams objective is purely to destroy the other, and protect their own, they could be fast but weak, slow but tank like ect whatever you wanted. 

but anyway, as for gametypes CTF is undoable in the manner you wish realistically, it would never end up as "CTF" as your used to.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Woods: Search and Destroy
that is a map like what hardcore is talking about.  There are two destroyable cps, one demolitions class and one soldier class to protect the demo class for each team.  I forget who made it, but its somewhere in the releases section of the mod factory here.

Breakdown made that map (it was so epic).
It wasn't a true Search and Destroy since you can still respawn and there's no bomb involved.

#TYBG

Is it still worth playing? I was thinking of downloading it but then i completely forgot till now.

It'll keep you busy meanwhile :D

#TYBG

Ill give it a try, but its much more entertaining to play halo CTF, although there is no search and destroy in halo demo.....