Arm the Jawas

Started by HIMSELF, November 16, 2009, 02:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone know of a SWBF mod where you can play armed jawas?  It would make my day play a jawa with a missile launcher.  I've checked Ryanoceros' comprehensive list, but found nothing.
  much appreciated,
          -H

i know of a jawa with a sniper gun, i dont remember if he had a rocket. the ewok did have a rocket. i am on xfire nightly if you want to play that map beach head.

If it doesn't exist, then it can probably be created. It's not too hard.

#TYBG

November 18, 2009, 04:46:13 PM #3 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:49:09 PM by Jon415
I love playing as overpowered jawas  :P
I once played a game wehre you could be a jawa with master force push and pull, you could jump about 42 feet in the air, and it had a staff lightsaber, a dl44 pistol, an e-11 rifle, a DEMP2(jawa gun), a goldan arms flechette shotgun, an imperial heavy repeater, a concussion rifle, a merr-son ROCKET LAUNCHER, and a variety of det-packs, trip mines, and thermal detonators.
Now thats a powerful jawa :)
btw, how can i get screenshots posted here? Is it possible without an xfire account?
(i need a flash player for xfire and my old machine isn't powerful ebough to dl the flash :( )

take screen shots in game with swbf1 picture keys. i think its control p or p. i use gimp to open tga files. you will find them in the game files under folder labled ScreenShots. then find a photo bucket place to upload them. if they wont take tga then convert it to something that will be accepted. once i have a picture in my photo bucket i select the IMG Code and copy it to let the picture be viewed here.

Thanks for the responses.
On filefront, I found a couple of mods like this:
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Jawa_and_Geonosian_Mod;32293

On that one, the rebel pilot is replaced by a jawa with a rifle.  On the other, all the rebels are replaced by jawas with rifles.  Unfortunately, that's the only weapon they have.  No nades, no mines, no health/ammo, nuttin.  How are the poor little guys supposed to take on the empire with pistols?  One kneecap at a time?

If any of you have links to the more high powered jawa mods, I'd love to play them.  keenmike are you on a Mac?  A Mac is all I've got.
-D

Check out this map

http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=38

It is RLTC: Beachhead by PoRCH WooKie and it has a armed Jawa, pretty awesome mod over all, also sports a armed Ewok.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Thanks for the Beachead map Hardcore.  Unfortunately, when I try it on my iBook Pro SWBF runs impossibly slow.  Not other mod or map has ever done this.  I've tried quitting all my other programs, but to no avail.  :'(

Only tips for that are turn your settings to the lowest, and set the UNIT count rather low- otherwise it is just a pretty large map so its going to do that if your comp can't handle it. sorry.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time