About networks and whatnot...

Started by SoSeventiesGuy, February 15, 2017, 05:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Guys! :D

I not sure if you can help out on this... but here it is anyways.  :shrug:
So last week I tried to go online swbf2 on my ps2... and I got a network error (-611).
Something about no recognizing a server name or something...
Anyways I know this community is more focused on the pc, so if you can help out it would be great!

Thx again! ;D

:moo: 

I'm moving this thread to SWBFSpy.
Hopefully someone can help you with PS2. I know there are some guys here who work with it.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

The best site for help with this would be www.ps2onlinegaming.com

We run servers here for ps2, but I don't know about those errors. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thx Len.

The website is great, I mean it has manys posts about ps2 servers and other stuff.
But I wasn't able to find posts talking about the (-611) :-/

But anyways thx for your help.  :tu:

hi SoSeventiesGuy

-611 NET_DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND
The DNS resolver did not recognize the DNAS server host name. "DNAS Error (-611) A network error has occurred." Please double-check your network connection and/or network configuration.

for the swbf1&2 ps2 games this is the primary dns # i am using right now dns# 74.91.125.138
this should get your game working online. if not try this one. primary dns # 186.34.212.90

February 16, 2017, 01:50:49 PM #6 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:34:55 PM by Anyder
Thx OldSnake! :D

I'll try those two dns addresses out, and I will let you know if they worked.  :tu:

On the side note, if there is nothing wrong with the addresses could it be my hdd?

Edit By Anyder: Do not double-post. Use the edit button instead. Also do not spam emoticons

Hey guys! :D

Omg Oldsnake I can totally not thank you enough! :D

I tried both today when I got the chance, no idea why but the first address didn't work.
I mean it didn't give the same error (-611) but instead (-610). No idea why but ehh... what the hay the second works!

If ever have the chance I would love to do a match with someone.
Tell me if your online, And I can post the dns address you gave me so everyone here can have a large battle blitz!

Thx so much OldSnake!

Ciao! ;D

:moo: :moo: - Cows are cool!