Turret animated bones problem (SOLVED)

Started by Ginev, November 28, 2016, 05:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 28, 2016, 05:20:56 AM Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:55:51 AM by Ginev
So i am using the bones from this msh file:     BF2Mod_Tools\data\Common\mshs\com_weap_gunturret.msh

So i imported that turret and then i imported my custom model.There is 3 bones only:
basenode (blue) for the non-moving 3 pod mesh on the bottom.
main_cylinder (yellow) for the middle rotating part
and turret_main (purple) for the up,down,left,right moves for the turret mesh itself.

So i envelope them to my model and then i deleted the the com_weap_gunturret.
However the bones were not positioned exactly to my model.So i move them but that stretched the mesh of my model at the direction i move the bones.Well i ignore that i tryed the turret ingame.It was looking surprisingly good ingame.However when i enter it and start moving it left,righ,up or down this happen:

I think the problem is in the main_cylinder (yellow bone) in the middle.
How to fix this?

EDIT:Well i feel stupid...i simply forgot to move the turret_main purple bone to the center...Now my turret rotate like it should be.Also i removed the yellow main_cylinder bone simply because its not needed.Still i would love to know how to add colors to my own made bones in xsi.I am using nulls for bones but dont know how to color them.If someone know please pm me.

Well, usually turrets no needs any animation at all...
For repainting animated bones, you need to select model, and click on brush icon in the left corner of bottom panel. Then click at any colorful icons twice and use edit color pop-up window. I never try to paint non animated bones, but I guess for them you need to click next button with palette icon, and try do the same.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: