ZE crash?

Started by Breakdown, November 01, 2009, 03:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi modders

So I've been working on a nice map for about a month or two now, and all of a sudden, just today, it won't let me open up the .wld file in ZE

It will go halfway through loading it and then it will crash, I have no idea why, I wasn't doing anything risky or anything earlier today, I was just making a map like I always do

Any suggestions as to what I should try to do? :-/

Maybe it's an issue with your .wld file. Try creating a new map and see if that launches fine.

#TYBG

ZE appears to open other .wld files that I have, it just won't open up this particular one

Then it's most likely something with that .wld file that you've worked oh-so-hard on.

#TYBG

As I said before, try sending it to someone else to see if they can open it.

If not, you may have to stick to what you have now and just hex-edit any other objects you need in using printplayercoords and editing the files. Hopefully you've done the terrain, as that would be the hardest to accurately hex or duplicate in another map.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Good news, I have the problem solved! But please don't close the topic yet, in case Something else pops up

Good to hear it's working again!
Now finish that map. :BD::whip:

#TYBG

November 01, 2009, 08:41:26 PM #7 Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:45:11 AM by Breakdown
Scrap that idea, it's not working again...

Then again, viewing the w.ld file in Notepad with text size 4 so I can see the entire object file better hurts the eyes...so I probably missed something

Woot! I got it to work again!

After slowy reconstructing the .wld file for about an hour and a half, I managed to find the faulty ODF which was preventing me from opening the map :)

This can be clsoed now!