TCW Obi Wan SE3 body texture missing

Started by i2Bros, October 16, 2016, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I downloaded this: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/obiwan-kenobi-53682.html,
but the body texture is missing for the V2 model. I know that we got the complete CWA models pack, so can you please extract his body texture once again? It would be useful also for other SWBF modders and JKA modders.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

I tried adding the regular body texture to the V2 material file (.mtl) thinking the author simply missed it. Well it was exported without a meaningful UV map. So no body texture for V2 will work unless you remap the UV's for it.

Attached are the files from the CWA pack. It's 2 separate models (head and body). I included an obj of each, but the first set in the file you linked has an obj with head and body already together. It may be more suitable for your purposes. Both need to be rigged with bones and such, so perhaps not.

October 16, 2016, 02:04:59 PM #2 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:09:00 PM by i2Bros
Quote from: tirpider on October 16, 2016, 01:48:58 PM
I tried adding the regular body texture to the V2 material file (.mtl) thinking the author simply missed it. Well it was exported without a meaningful UV map. So no body texture for V2 will work unless you remap the UV's for it.

Attached are the files from the CWA pack. It's 2 separate models (head and body). I included an obj of each, but the first set in the file you linked has an obj with head and body already together. It may be more suitable for your purposes. Both need to be rigged with bones and such, so perhaps not.
:cheer: you are definitely gonna have a golden spot in the mod final credits.

EDIT: I figured out it is the V1 Obi-Wan, not the V2. Can you send me the last one, please? Thnx for the help btw.

Sure thing.

I'm not doing anything though. Save the credit for whoever gets this guy to work in-game ;)

Quote from: tirpider on October 16, 2016, 02:28:28 PM
Sure thing.

I'm not doing anything though. Save the credit for whoever gets this guy to work in-game ;)
Probably me, I'm doing by my own xD

I understand. When the path isn't clear, sometimes all a person can do is make a new path.

Quote from: tirpider on October 17, 2016, 12:46:23 AM
I understand. When the path isn't clear, sometimes all a person can do is make a new path.

Sounds like something a Jedi Master would say.
The years just fly past, don't they?

October 17, 2016, 09:27:32 AM #7 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:45:07 AM by i2Bros
Quote from: tirpider on October 17, 2016, 12:46:23 AM
Yes, Master Tirpider.

EDIT: oh jeez, you have still send me the wrong model I'm sorry.

I wasn't paying attention to the different clothes. Here is the correct one. It was in assetsW_000.pack.

Quote from: tirpider on October 17, 2016, 12:12:12 PM
I wasn't paying attention to the different clothes. Here is the correct one. It was in assetsW_000.pack.

purrfect  :tu:

I haven't compared any of these CWA .dme models to the SWBF .msh models, but they definitely have a different sense of proportion (longer arms and legs, it seems). Do they actually fit on the SWBF skeleton and animate without distortion?

Quote from: tirpider on October 17, 2016, 02:32:44 PM
I haven't compared any of these CWA .dme models to the SWBF .msh models, but they definitely have a different sense of proportion (longer arms and legs, it seems). Do they actually fit on the SWBF skeleton and animate without distortion?

I tried to mix them up with Hapsplash models, then I made the torso and the hips a bit less large so that they fits the skeleton but still look TCW.