Kashyyyk: Beachhead (BF2 Beta 2)

Started by ggctuk, September 23, 2009, 04:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 23, 2009, 04:00:18 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:46:38 PM by Buckler
Kashyyyk: Beachhead (BF2 Beta 2)

http://www.SWBFgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=61

Second beta of Kashyyyk Beachhead map ported from BF2.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Wow, another beta already... I just downloaded and played beta1 for 20 minutes earlier today and was quite impressed with the port.  Great job here ggctuk, I never thought we'd see this map in BF1  :tu:

Incidentally have you thought about populating the skies with some CIS droid gunships and Kashyyyk fliers?  I thought I saw some of the lowrez meshes in the BF2 assets a long, long time ago.  Even some REP gunships flying around above might be nice to see...

In beta1 (haven't played 2 yet) I saw wookiee catamarans and droid gunships flying around in the skies

That's odd... I wonder if my graphic settings are too low (which they may be - I haven't touched them since turning them down in order to play EaG).

The Wookie Cats and Droid Gunships are there, but I haven't got the skydome explosions in there yet so it seems empty.

It would have been nice to have the BF2 Wookies too but that doesn't seem quite possible (the unit's possible, but the dreadlocks aren't, meaning that there are four nice holes in the back of the BF2 Wookie's head). Maybe in the future.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Without a doubt, I'll be making a mission map for your ported Beachhead, so I'll probably port the BF2 wookie over with his dreads (in static form of course).  Oddly enough I could've sworn I did that already a looong time ago, since I'm pretty sure I used the BF2 wookie in my original 41st elite sides mod.  I'll have to check... it's really been way too long.

Thanks ggtuck. I played this multiplayer last night and had a blast. The snail tanks are awesome, my fav vehicle. They crawl up the ramps to the platforms and destroy everything in sight.

I noticed 2 things: 1. the wooded fortress wall can be destroyed (somewhat), you can shoot it with vehicles and take it down, but it's still there, it becomes invisible. Not sure if that is the "seawall" Seth mentioned. 2. The CP on the beach close to the wooden fortress with the turret that guards the fortress entrance can be captured. Once captured seems the enemy can still spawn there in the platforms near the turret. That's the CP that goes with wooden fortress.

Yeah, the Wooden Sea Wall was meant to be like that. It's the Sea Wall Gate they're talking about - you can destroy the controls but the gate won't fall. The gate itself is a prop - in BF2 there's an LUA command:

OnObjectKillName(PlayAnimDown, "gatepanel");
    OnObjectRespawnName(PlayAnimUp, "gatepanel");

This code is not compatible with BF1. So the gate stays static in-game.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Wow, :o

I finally got around to playing this, and wow. Very impressive map, I love the vehicles and the turrets. The map itself is a bit laggy, but that's only because I had my graphics on top setting. :P

Really, really, well done conversion. This is a really, cool map. :cheer:

The sea wall is the big main wall, with the control panel near the left entrance. It's the wall closest to the CP.

wow nice mate i didnt think anyone could do this so fast xD

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Very, very good, every thing seems to work and looks great but I think that the draw distance of the map needs to be increased, when you look across the map terrain far away goes white and objects disappear.