Blank Screen installation launchbf.exe

Started by AwesomeViet54, June 17, 2013, 05:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok so Had Star Wars Battlefront for 2 years now but i reset my computer to factory settings and reinstall every i needed and had (Minecraft, Swtor, etc.) but i forgot to install Star Wars Battlefront so i put in the Disc to my computer and Launched the installer but. The installer had a blank screen the sound played but the screen was white. I tried to take out the disc and put it back in but didn't work, I restarted my computer but didn't work. What should I do? Any Suggestions? Please tell me before i reset my computer to factory settings again. :(

try using  battlefront.exe instead of lauchbf.exe

battlefront.exe is in gamedata--just double click on it.  If it works, make a shortcut to your desktop.

nvm, just reread and you have install problem...let me think on it
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 17, 2013, 05:51:49 PM #2 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:53:35 PM by tirpider
The following info might help us help you troubleshoot:

- What OS are you using (Win XP, Vista, Win 7, 8?)
(right click "My Computer" and select properties to find out.)

- What kind of video card are you using?
(right click on the desktop, select properties, then the settings tab, and click the advanced button.
There should be an Adapter tab and it will have the name of your card.)

Some basic stuff that may help:

Make sure you have the latest DirectX from Microsoft.
For WinXP, that would be DirectX 9.0c
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
(I don't know about the other windows versions)

There may be a driver update for your video card.

If it was running before and won't run after restoring your system, then it sounds like a driver issue to me.

(Also, is the disc scratched?)

Another suggestion is install it on another computer then transfer the "LucasArts" folder to your computer.

And welcome to swbfgamers! Might I inquire how you found this site? :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 17, 2013, 05:54:24 PM
Another suggestion is install it on another computer then transfer the "LucasArts" folder to your computer.

And welcome to swbfgamers! Might I inquire how you found this site? :)
You can also just transfer the GameData folder.
I Copied GameData to my 8gig flash drive, and renamed it to /SWBF/, and it works fine on most computers I use (provided they are capable of running it, that is).

Welcome to SWBFGamers

Eh, I'm of no help, but I agree with whatever tirpider has setup. Anyways, welcome to SWBFGamers! :D

Quote from: AwesomeViet54 on June 17, 2013, 05:11:45 PM
Ok so Had Star Wars Battlefront for 2 years now but i reset my computer to factory settings and reinstall every i needed and had (Minecraft, Swtor, etc.) but i forgot to install Star Wars Battlefront so i put in the Disc to my computer and Launched the installer but. The installer had a blank screen the sound played but the screen was white. I tried to take out the disc and put it back in but didn't work, I restarted my computer but didn't work. What should I do? Any Suggestions? Please tell me before i reset my computer to factory settings again. :(
what shell.lvl are you using? 1.0 or 1.2?

June 17, 2013, 06:09:21 PM #7 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:11:09 PM by Buckler
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 17, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
You can also just transfer the GameData folder.
I Copied GameData to my 8gig flash drive, and renamed it to /SWBF/, and it works fine on most computers I use (provided they are capable of running it, that is).

Welcome to SWBFGamers

He will also need the appropriate registry entries too, I believe.

First, can you tell us if the install was successful?

Quote from: Phobos on June 17, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
what shell.lvl are you using? 1.0 or 1.2?
I dont' even know what shell I'm using! :hehe:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 17, 2013, 07:12:11 PM
I dont' even know what shell I'm using! :hehe:
check your MP lobby screen. no boxes for server stats is 1.0

June 18, 2013, 10:39:04 AM #10 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:52:55 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Glad you found us. :)
Have you tried installing on someone else's PC to see if it's the disk? You can delete it straight after so I'm sure someone will let you.
He has the DVD version (so probably 1.2) and is on Windows 7.

Edit: I saw him post on Lucasarts by the way that's how I know, it's not a random guess. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Ok I have reset my computer to factory settings and it work fine no need to worry

Thanks for letting us know. 

Feel free to participate in our community, as well.  Give us your mod map ideas, and we might be able to make them happen  :cheers: