SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox 3.0

Started by Phobos, October 27, 2011, 04:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 27, 2011, 04:17:01 AM Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:36:41 PM by Inactive
Five months after releasing SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox 2.0 I decided it was time to make some upgrades. There have been over 135 downloads since releasing this tool. I am glad many have found use for it, and am proud to present you SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox 3.0. I was able to pack more material into less space this time using 7z self extraction.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?oueaw2gvws15ds7

Thanks to everyone who contributed. My next release will probably be the long awaited SWBF1 Modding Encyclopedia Version 5.0; right now I am still organizing and trying to trim down the almost 10,000 files contained in the prototype. Version 4 has over 75 downloads since being released in December 2010.

Soon the only tools anyone will need to start modding will be BFBuilder, SWBF1 Modding Encyclopedia Version 5.0, SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox 3.0, and XSI Softimage. There will always be room for future improvements, so if you have any suggestions or new additions please leave a comment.

Thanks, Phobos.
For this and your other releases.
I never would have started without the centralized info in the Encyclopedia.

Its taken me awhile to get round to writing this. But I'm requesting this download be removed, and then reuploaded if Phobos wishes without my builders included in it. I do know you have the interests of the modding community at heart, but a I do not want my builders in this. I did not give permission for you to do such. With BattleBelk and stuff I can understand because he is inactive. People are perfectly capable of downloading my builders seperatly. Now Phobos lets not get into a fight over this, I have every right to ask for these to be removed.

Phobo's download is not hosted on SWBFgamers.com, so I am not able to remove that download.

Do you wish for me to remove the download of your Builder1.1 that exists on SWBFgamers.com ?

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

No, I just would like Phobos to remove these. Since he did not ask persmission of me to put them in ths completion in the first place.

November 09, 2011, 08:35:34 PM #5 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:30:55 PM by Inactive
So your reason for asking me to censor a compilation of modding tools is because I didn't get your permission to include your builder in the compilation? What about the fact I credited you for your work is that not enough? I remember Maver. came over here and asked Jedikiller to delete the modders encyclopedia (v2) because I didn't get his permission to include HTML archives of gametoast tutorials. First censorship of modding tutorials, now censorship of modding tool builders. I wonder why crediting you is not enough and you ask me to weaken the toolbox I am trying to provide for the modding community? The point with the lvl builders toolbox is to provide as many varieties for an LVL builder as possible (within reasonable size limits). So that is why there are more than 1 of many types of builders.

I have never asked you to delete anything you contributed here. I guess you don't like the fact I put all builders in one download without getting your permission. Bamdur doesn't really seem to care and he is active. If someone else were to put my builders or tutorials in a download along with battlebelk's I would be thankful not spiteful.

What are your exact reasons for wanting this tool removed? It looks more like a personal attack than anything else. I'm willing to hear you out if you have something to say though.

Also, I got permission from at best 10% of the people who contributed to the alien model assets. Some of them may have opposed to me including their specimens if they had known the download filename wasn't going to include their name. Imagine the disappointment of many modders if Rends came over here to this forum and asked me to remove the Bith assets from alien model assets v3 because I didn't get his permission.

Credits:
Pandemic/LucasArts - Acklay, Cerean, Rancor, Imperial Officer Zombie, Twi'Lek, Wampa, & Yoda Models
Ravensoft - Basemodels for Gran, Rodian, and Desann
Rage - Compiling, Converting Yoda to BF1, Aayla Secura Zombie, Conehead Zombie, Duke Nukem, Gordon Freeman, Han Solo Zombie ODFs
Bamdur - Chistori, Cultist, Gran, Mon Calamarian, Quermian, Rakata, Togruta, Vurk, Zombie Hunter Commando
Rends - Aqualish (Type A), Bith, & Ithorian
Helkaan - Helkaan Zombie
Dean Betton - Bothan
Deviss - ShadowTrooper
Andes - Aqualish (Type B)
Hirman - Cad Bane
Caleb1117 - Duros
Darth Spiderpig & Fang - Gran (old version) (visible bone_ribcage)
Toonces - Nautolan
NeoMarz - SwampTrooper
Icemember - Neimoidian
MetalcoreRancor - Rancor Anims
Cull - Rancorian Pharoh
Skelltor, Deviss, & Acemastermind - Trandoshan Mercenary
Kento - Vong
Hoodz & Wazmol - Zabrak Cybermaul

The only people in that list I asked permission to upload assets made by them were Cull, Darth Spiderpig, Fang, Helkaan, and Bamdur.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on November 09, 2011, 08:35:34 PM
So your reason for asking me to censor a compilation of modding tools is because I didn't get your permission to include your builder in the compilation? What about the fact I credited you for your work is that not enough? I remember Maver. came over here and asked Jedikiller to delete the modders encyclopedia (v2) because I didn't get his permission to include HTML archives of gametoast tutorials. First censorship of modding tutorials, now censorship of modding tool builders. I wonder why crediting you is not enough and you ask me to weaken the toolbox I am trying to provide for the modding community? The point is to provide as many varieties for an LVL builder as possible (within reasonable size limits of course). So that is why there are more than 1 of many types of builders.
So am I to understnad you'll not be honering my request?

Buckler I understnad you can not interfere with MediaFire downloads but could you edit out the download link from this website until Phobos removes my builders?

Phobos, I would suggest that you remove his builder and at your option to put a link back to here so that people can download it if they desire.

There is no need for any more discussion--everyone knows your feelings about it, and everyone knows his.

that may be, but i still have a quick bit of advice for people looking to release things with other people's work (such as this modding toolbox and like sides mod assets, for example)

1. ask the original author (pm, email, whatever)
2. wait a short period of time (like a week or 2). no response? ask again. wait another 2-3 weeks
3. if you still get no response, then its up to you. but if you do, credit them.

i'm not taking sides here. its just a bit of advice. for everyone who wants to release a toolbox/assets.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

November 09, 2011, 09:40:57 PM #9 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:32:51 PM by Inactive
Your welcome Tirpider. Thanks for the support.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on November 09, 2011, 09:40:57 PM
I will refrain from posting any new LVL builders or builder toolbxes on this forum. If you want links for current LVL Builders Toolbox PM me, but I am not going to remove the mediafire upload, just the link from this forum.

I am not going to censor modding assets, tools, or tutorials simply because one person doesn't like me including something they made. If this community does not want any future LVL toolboxes, go ahead and close/lock this thread.

I will be somewhat less active on this forum too now, as I see it starting to head in a direction I can't follow. There is no logic in depriving a dying modding community of tools. Sleepkiller is making this place more and more like gametoast every day.
I am not depriving the community of tools in anyway. And I just want you to know that I want to be asked before my tools/assets are distributed in a completion.

November 09, 2011, 09:59:08 PM #11 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:31:47 PM by Inactive
I assumed you were okay with your LVL builders being included here, since you never raised objection when the toolbox 2.0 was released, and those also have your LVL builders. The download link has been restored, it is not hosted on SWBFgamers.

locking thread until i have time to make everyone happy...patience on all sides please