What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't like playing online SWBF2 that much. Too many people abusing det packs. In the hero server, it's actually really fun to duke it out with melee only on top of the hanger.

Well this wraps up what I had in mind.

Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Also... No regenerative health, I want magical bacta!

How about real time battle damage?
So if you take a laser blast to your armour it'll show up as a scorched dent in real time!
But I still think blood is off limits...

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 17, 2013, 10:32:55 AM

So if you take a laser blast to your armour it'll show up as a scorched dent in real time!

Fully agreed, as blasters and lightsaber wounds only cauterize the wound, right? Or is it only the lightsaber wounds? Regardless though, blood is off limits, unless you're using a vibroblade/vibroknife, then I could see blood usage there.

EDIT: You beat me to it Gold Man, but here's my post anyway.

Yea, I don't want blood in my Star Wars. They don't mix. Blasters and lightsabers cauterize the wound so there shouldn't be blood. I think we discussed this before but Star Wars is a PG, PG-13 movie and blood in most video games makes it "M." In my book that's rated "R."

Like with bf1, i want all of those things to be optional to modders. By default though I agree, no regen health except as an unlockable Galactic Conquest bonus. And blood should probably be disabled by default, but enable-able.

June 17, 2013, 12:05:02 PM #51 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:08:24 PM by tirpider
The blood isn't needed.

It's an extra detail that will limit the potential target audience, and the time spent making the effects for it could be spent polishing parts of the game that are fun.  (because blood isn't fun except in campy horror movies.)

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 17, 2013, 10:32:55 AMAlso... No regenerative health, I want magical bacta!
I guess I missed a whole generation of games, but I've never played a game with regenerative health.
I agree. Eat the Magical Bacta, for great power!

I'd only want blood to be an option (disabled by default) if there was ability to mod sides and maps etc. like with swbf1. It helps for certain types of zombie mods I think.

It's different as a mod cause you decide. So enable-able would be good.

I can't think of a single SW movie battle that would have been better with blood though.
Even that one with the Gungans.

I think blood has been added to a lot of games just for the sake of it. I don't mind if it's to show you where someone's been hit but in some of my games it's chucked at the screen which seems pointless but like Phobos says it's good to have options.
If this is going to be more realistic then medpacks are the way to go. People don't magically heal they need their bandages and medicine in a convenient package. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 17, 2013, 12:30:36 PM
I think blood has been added to a lot of games just for the sake of it. I don't mind if it's to show you where someone's been hit but in some of my games it's chucked at the screen which seems pointless but like Phobos says it's good to have options.
If this is going to be more realistic then medpacks are the way to go. People don't magically heal they need their bandages and medicine in a convenient package. :)

Nah, screw the medpacks, bacta drops would be far better! Think about it, call in a bacta drop, drops a cargo container with enough bacta for about 10 troops. Or do what I saw with MAG (a PS3 MMOFPS), a healing injection on your man, so you can heal yourself on the go. Though that could possibly be used in a nooby fashion, I guess.

No more nooby than Pilot classes dropping health/ammo packs for themselves.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

On healing:
In Tribes, you had a medic with a "repair gun" that shot a beam at the player/structure/vehicle to repair it.
It made sense(sorta) cause everyone was in mech-like armor. It was a fun way to do healing.

After seeing it in TF2, without armor, it feels wierd healing someone with a beam.

It's a fun gameplay mechanic and gives a real medic class something to actually do, but the metaphor is so off.
It could easily be played off like "it's a healing, you know, because space and scifi.. and stuff" but.. there has to be a better way to implement it.

The Jedi have it covered with the whole force heal thing, and the repair gun should be suitable for battle droids, but everyone else is stuck hunting down a medical droid.   Perhaps a new medical droid that hovers around the field? (Like a probe droid, but less kill-y.)

Quote from: tirpider on June 17, 2013, 12:59:36 PM
On healing:
In Tribes, you had a medic with a "repair gun" that shot a beam at the player/structure/vehicle to repair it.
It made sense(sorta) cause everyone was in mech-like armor. It was a fun way to do healing.

After seeing it in TF2, without armor, it feels wierd healing someone with a beam.

It's a fun gameplay mechanic and gives a real medic class something to actually do, but the metaphor is so off.
It could easily be played off like "it's a healing, you know, because space and scifi.. and stuff" but.. there has to be a better way to implement it.

The Jedi have it covered with the whole force heal thing, and the repair gun should be suitable for battle droids, but everyone else is stuck hunting down a medical droid.   Perhaps a new medical droid that hovers around the field? (Like a probe droid, but less kill-y.)

Or, you could have the field medic class with his ammo dispenser, but make it only so that the teammates can get the health/ammo pack, and not you nor the enemy. It seems like a plausible compromise, but then you would need someone else to give you the health/ammo.

Hmm, what's some way that you could implement healing in SWBF, without the troops having to hunt down a medical device, or have it displayed in an nooby fashion, and still relate to the technology in Star Wars...  :g:

Quote from: tirpider on June 17, 2013, 12:59:36 PM
Perhaps a new medical droid that hovers around the field? (Like a probe droid, but less kill-y.)
Exactly this, was in game SWKOTOR Sith Lords. Still, interesting idea... Perhaps this can be done, with remote droids as locals.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: