What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Personally i really like the star wars soundtracks. I would like them to put some compilation s of Mr.Williams work in the game, or i will be quite disappointed. (u could just mute the ingame music and play ur own music, those beats did sound pretty cool)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on August 26, 2013, 03:12:02 PM
Personally i really like the star wars soundtracks. I would like them to put some compilation s of Mr.Williams work in the game, or i will be quite disappointed. (u could just mute the ingame music and play ur own music, those beats did sound pretty cool)
I'd still like to have all the Original/More Famous Star Wars tracks and have some of those Tracks added to it
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

What ever they do, they've GOT to use Duel of the Fates. I cannot live without it!

John Williams should compose the score for the game, mixing the classics (i.e. "Duel of the Fates", "Imperial March" etc.) with entirely new songs.

I will be very unhappy if it's not a 1st/3rd person game, because it's just not SWBF without 3rd person.
I just can't seem to stay away...

Off the top of my head, three things come to mind:

• No player controlled Jedi/Sith. We all love them, and it's a blast to run around hacking the enemy to bits, but it honestly ruined the flow and idea of a game where you have two giant armies fighting against each other. Besides, if we look at things from a sheer numbers point of view, having Jedi/Sith in EVERY battle is just not possible. They are a limited resource.
  • Modifiable classes. The idea that soldiers don't have preferences to what they use/fight with is absurd. Not to mention, it helps draw the player into the game a little more.
  • 1st and 3rd person views. I for one always like the ability to quickly change which POV I was playing from. In the original games, certain classes were better suited for different views and it was nice to be able to change that up with a quick keystroke.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

August 27, 2013, 11:50:49 AM #155 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:58:24 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Yoda on August 27, 2013, 09:53:51 AM
Off the top of my head, three things come to mind:

• No player controlled Jedi/Sith. We all love them, and it's a blast to run around hacking the enemy to bits, but it honestly ruined the flow and idea of a game where you have two giant armies fighting against each other. Besides, if we look at things from a sheer numbers point of view, having Jedi/Sith in EVERY battle is just not possible. They are a limited resource.
  • Modifiable classes. The idea that soldiers don't have preferences to what they use/fight with is absurd. Not to mention, it helps draw the player into the game a little more.
  • 1st and 3rd person views. I for one always like the ability to quickly change which POV I was playing from. In the original games, certain classes were better suited for different views and it was nice to be able to change that up with a quick keystroke.

I agree with everything stated in your post, Yoda. However, it would be nice if perhaps they could have certain weapons suited for certain maps. Rockets should only be used in maps where there's vehicles, heavy-fire machine guns and sniper rifles for more long-range suited maps, and some standard rifles and pistols for more close quarters. Perhaps even a tactical vibroblade would be nice. :)

I'm taking into consideration however that Frostbite 3 will be using real-time elements in their map environments, meaning with enough explosive power you could take out a couple buildings. For example, using a rocket launcher in the narrow alleyways in Mos Eisley would definitely level some buildings demolished from the impact. Using sniper rifles in maps with a more run-n'-gun feel to them would be interesting I admit. However you might get gunned down with a standard rifle more than get kills in those maps, if you consider the game mechanics from SWBF compared to Battlefield are drastically different.

But who am I to judge? After all, this is what we want to see in SWBF, it's obvious not all of our suggestions will be implemented in the game.

Regarding Jedi and Sith.

I've always thought the "guns are bad" Jedi was just a terrible idea. It limits the Jedi to a "Knight in shinning armor" type of role that's just really lame (imo, of course,) and casts a completety nonsensical limitation on the Sith.

Give them guns and armor and make them hard to hit, but not impossible. Then dump hoards of them on the field at once.

The masters are limited in number because they are skilled/wise/whatever, but the lame up-and-comming lower ranks aren't going to be god-like combat monsters.

I'd like to see a better treatment of the Jedi. Not the fantastic hero's that became generals and had movies made about them, but the one's that haven't figured out basics like force jump, but are dead eyes with a hold out blaster. The scrappers. The ones that aren't "one with the force" yet.

And I want to see them in action. I want to see the Jedi / Mando battles, Battlefront style. No heroes, just tech and scrapping where cleverness and stratagy win the day, not OP one-hit-you-are-dead Heroes.

The beauty and appeal of Battle front is that it seen from the eyes of a common soldier. Heroes kill that. That's one of the reasons there is a split of BF1 and BF2 players. (There are other reasons, but that's one.)

If it's impossible to portray lower skilled Jedi/Sith, then Jedi/Sith trained militia that have commando fighting skills and maybe a force power. Nothing terribly useful though.

And more melee... any kind of melee. The blasters are cool, and are a nice change from the way over-played tactical modern war games. But some kind of melee would be nice.  At best, some groovy combo system of moves, but at minimum, some kind of basic unarmed combat would expand Battlefront a lot. Even if it's a stupid single punch. It would be more than we have and offer a new challenge.

(just really sick of heroes)

Quote from: tirpider on August 27, 2013, 02:54:58 PM
Regarding Jedi and Sith.

I've always thought the "guns are bad" Jedi was just a terrible idea. It limits the Jedi to a "Knight in shinning armor" type of role that's just really lame (imo, of course,) and casts a completety nonsensical limitation on the Sith.

Give them guns and armor and make them hard to hit, but not impossible. Then dump hoards of them on the field at once.

The masters are limited in number because they are skilled/wise/whatever, but the lame up-and-comming lower ranks aren't going to be god-like combat monsters.

I'd like to see a better treatment of the Jedi. Not the fantastic hero's that became generals and had movies made about them, but the one's that haven't figured out basics like force jump, but are dead eyes with a hold out blaster. The scrappers. The ones that aren't "one with the force" yet.

And I want to see them in action. I want to see the Jedi / Mando battles, Battlefront style. No heroes, just tech and scrapping where cleverness and stratagy win the day, not OP one-hit-you-are-dead Heroes.

The beauty and appeal of Battle front is that it seen from the eyes of a common soldier. Heroes kill that. That's one of the reasons there is a split of BF1 and BF2 players. (There are other reasons, but that's one.)

If it's impossible to portray lower skilled Jedi/Sith, then Jedi/Sith trained militia that have commando fighting skills and maybe a force power. Nothing terribly useful though.

And more melee... any kind of melee. The blasters are cool, and are a nice change from the way over-played tactical modern war games. But some kind of melee would be nice.  At best, some groovy combo system of moves, but at minimum, some kind of basic unarmed combat would expand Battlefront a lot. Even if it's a stupid single punch. It would be more than we have and offer a new challenge.

(just really sick of heroes)

Could not agree more.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I think it would be to good to be true to have some new songs composed for the game. I always disliked the heros, but they made the game for some people. Maybe have a classic swbf game mode and a swbf2 game mode. (I do like the idea though mentioned above about changing the mechanics of the jedi. (I really enjoy swbf without jedi, but to many [like those rasied on the clone wars which will be a big aduiance for this game] jedi are starwars)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Hmm...      I agreed 100% on what you said, until I read that. I don't like "combo button moves". I feel like they over complicate the game. I would love to see a single
"stupid"
punch.

One thing I would love to see, is more realistic gameplay. In SWBF1/2 any class (exept dekas) can get into a vehicle. I would like only certain units to be able to use certain vehicles.

Also, when you start the game, you cannot change what unit you will be. So say I spawn as a rebel sniper, I must stay a rebel sniper the whole match.

I thought, why not limit how many respawn a player can have in a match? I think it would be great for there to be host changeable respawn limits in the servers.

Why not make units easier to kill, too? 2 sniper shots to the head to get a friggin kill? In real life 1 can make a kill almost anywhere. This would help their to be more camping, (I love games where every corner you are thinking you are about to die) which is more realistic than running around on a hallway 50 feet above the ground with I sniper rifle trying to get a headshot.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on August 27, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

I thought, why not limit how many respawn a player can have in a match? I think it would be great for there to be host changeable respawn limits in the servers.

Interesting that you mention that. It looks like similar features to that just got announced for Killzone: Shadowfall. It's the first time I've heard of/seen a feature with that level of customization in match creation for multiplayer. There is definitely a possibility of it in Battlefront.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

Hmm...      I agreed 100% on what you said, until I read that. I don't like "combo button moves". I feel like they over complicate the game. I would love to see a single
If you only had to hit one particular button over and over, you might get the sticky keys thing popping up. Which is extremely annoying. Also, if the game is over-complicated, then it makes it more fun, and ALOT less noobing. In SWBFII it is quite complicated for me to fight right after being on BFIs multiplayer, and I like it, it helps me when I go back to SWBFI.

What I'm trying to say, is that a little bit of over-complication wouldn't be bad (unless you just can't handle that much at one time, I understand, but it should be challenging.) Perhaps an option to change key controls after playing over 2-3 hours? (Not consecutively, of course..)

As for melee, I wouldn't mind that. Wack someone with the butt of a rifle or something if I get caught up close.

In Dark Times II (a BF2 mod by Mav) when you play as a bothan he has a melee attack with his rifle, something like that or a knife melee would need to be in BF3

p.s. the guy who made the RvB soundtrack is JEFF Williams and he also had other people in some of the songs with lyrics
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Also, when you start the game, you cannot change what unit you will be. So say I spawn as a rebel sniper, I must stay a rebel sniper the whole match. 

In general, this would hamper your ability to learn the ins and outs of the game.