Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on February 06, 2013, 08:52:56 PM
if the emperor is reserected, i probs wont be to happy
Yeah... THanks for jinxing us into it....
Lol

If they don't base one of the spin-offs off of Knights of the Old Republic, then I'm going to write an angry letter. :rant:

That being said, I actually have a better feeling about the spin-off films than the sequel trilogy.

Disney knows what they're doing, i.e., they know that this is a cash grab and nothing more.

How Disney "knowing what they're doing" could be used, a priori, to support the new films as cultural/artistic endeavors is baffling.

I expect the new films to somehow not even meet the standards of the Ewok or Clone Wars spinoffs. They will be expensive, commercial, lifeless, soulless, and generally bad for your mind - playing a deleterious role in popular culture strongly analogous to Hannah Montana and Jersey Shore.

It's possible that I'm wrong -- I certainly hope so -- but not probable.

Well I think the current expanded universe like the Jedi Knight era or Old Republic era would be great points that fans can relate to. Hearing a lot of strange rumors that I would rather keep to myself since they are unconfirmed and are rather obscene to be posted. Either way I hope the crud I heard about it was just talk and that we get some interesting new perspectives to come into play.

For what little faith I have in Disney comes to where I rest my case in the original screenplay writer and just the writers period. Just hope they keep it classy and interesting and give more then the respect Star Wars has come to reserve. So basically I am saying I hope they respect the Style Lucas originally intended for the series, and not make some mad dash just to send Star Wars careening off in another direction. I guess that is how I would put it.  :blink:
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: Joseph on February 06, 2013, 09:16:37 PM
Disney knows what they're doing, i.e., they know that this is a cash grab and nothing more.

How Disney "knowing what they're doing" could be used, a priori, to support the new films as cultural/artistic endeavors is baffling.

I expect the new films to somehow not even meet the standards of the Ewok or Clone Wars spinoffs. They will be expensive, commercial, lifeless, soulless, and generally bad for your mind - playing a deleterious role in popular culture strongly analogous to Hannah Montana and Jersey Shore.

It's possible that I'm wrong -- I certainly hope so -- but not probable.
Well I haven't met someone who said that The Avengers was a bad movie. Disney made that ya know. And with something like Star Wars, they will do it right because they know if they don't, it will be worse than when Fox decided to let George Lucas keep all the merchandising rights for Star Wars!!

everytime i hear the fox fan fair i immediately think of star wars. Im not sure i can buy that its a star wars movie if the Disney castle comes before the lucas arts.

With all these new movies coming out now, how could they not make a swbf3? Thats the good news, bad news is it wont be storms and rebs, and could  be very possibly really changed up in game play.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

My guess is that if they do make a SWBFIII it will come out closer to 2015 and include a Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, and New Republic era (if episode VII does take place in the New Republic era) along with episode VII locations. Like how they marketed SWBFII.