Star Wars spin-off films confirmed

Started by Kit Fisto, February 06, 2013, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 06, 2013, 05:13:04 PM Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:14:50 PM by Kit Fisto
Yes you read correctly!
http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html
quote directly from starwars.com
QuoteNEW SPINOFF FILMS SET TO EXPAND THE STAR WARS GALAXY
February 05, 2013
The Star Wars cinematic galaxy is about to experience a Big Bang. Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

In a call to investors, Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, revealed that while the original focus was on the highly-anticipated sequel trilogy, the idea of spinoff films was bandied about early and the additional films are now becoming a reality. "We are in development of a few standalone films," he said, "that are not part of the Star Wars saga...there are now creative entities working on developing scripts for what would be those standalone films."

Stay tuned to StarWars.com as more exciting developments unfold.

Thoughts? Good? Bad?

making me more and more worried about the future of star wars
i would love for more great star wars movies, but afraid of how potentially bad they could be
(or stray to far from the orig feeling of star wars)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

There have already been Star Wars spin off movies. There were the Ewok ones. :sick: And the Clone Wars movie/ show.  :tu:
I think it's good! Especially if they do a Boba Fett one. The fans would go crazy. I'm excited for all these new live action films. I think it will be good. And lets face it. Disney knows what they are doing, they know the result of a failure for a good Star Wars movie. I trust they will be great.  :cheers:

If it is as bad as the star wars christmas special supposedly was, we are royally screwed.

Quote from: Ltin on February 06, 2013, 06:03:31 PM
If it is as bad as the star wars christmas special supposedly was, we are royally screwed.

The Star Wars Christmas Special should not be mentioned at all about spin-offs. Besides, Lucas himself hates whoever made the thing, and still wants to destroy every living solid copy of that thing ever produced or recorded. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 06, 2013, 06:41:31 PM
The Star Wars Christmas Special should not be mentioned at all about spin-offs. Besides, Lucas himself hates whoever made the thing, and still wants to destroy every living solid copy of that thing ever produced or recorded. :P
im pretty sure its on the mental_floss list of movies and tv show episodes that are lost forever.

I've never actually seen the Christmas special. Is it on youtube or another site?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 06, 2013, 06:44:40 PM
I've never actually seen the Christmas special. Is it on youtube or another site?
it has mostly been destryoed. If you find it you will be perforimg a miracle.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 06, 2013, 06:44:40 PM

It is on YouTube, and it's a disgrace to Star Wars in general.

Also, the first bit of the thing is all in Shyriiwook, with no subtitles, so it's useless to even bother translating it.

Here's a link to the first part to get you started, watch at your own risk. :P

Seeing how the spin offs will be made by people familiar with the old movies and what George Lucas built in the starwars trilogy, I won't judge them until I watch them. It is exciting to think about, but we shall see....

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Just make movies out of the novels already! Seriously. Novels like Fatal Alliance, Rise of the Dark Lord, The Rule of Two series etc. would all be fantastic movies.

I agree that movies from the books (Trawn Trilogy) would be pretty awesome but everyone who has read the book would be disappointed. That is the nature of movies made from books.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 06, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
Disney knows what they are doing, they know the result of a failure for a good Star Wars movie. I trust they will be great.  :cheers:

Sergeant, Another one'z been brain washed!

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 06, 2013, 07:48:37 PM
Sergeant, Another one'z been brain washed!
No. I simply stated that Disney knows what they are doing (if what they have done with Marvel doesn't prove that then I don't know what does) and that I trust them to do great. They will never pass the I-VI films though. I am sure of that.  :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 06, 2013, 08:06:46 PM
No. I simply stated that Disney knows what they are doing (if what they have done with Marvel doesn't prove that then I don't know what does) and that I trust them to do great. They will never pass the I-VI films though. I am sure of that.  :)
Exactly, Lol.