Pumpkin Carving

Started by Jamman, October 08, 2013, 06:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have an informative speech approaching in my public speaking class and I'm going to do an instructional presentation on how to carve a pumpkin. I've been advised that everyone knows how to do that already..so my question for you,

Is there any step of carving a pumpkin you are unsure of?
Is there anything new about carving a pumpkin that hasn't been widely said before?

Any ideas are appreciated, I'm in a pickle here... :confused:

If you posted your essay/speech them maybe we could see if you are missing anything... ;)

October 08, 2013, 10:04:37 AM #2 Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:06:57 AM by UNIT 33

Do something daft, that'll throw them off. For example:

QuoteHey there folks.

Now, carving a pumpkin is an arduous task, and not to be taken likely.
If you are an inexperienced carver you can expect to lose at least one limb and several pints of blood in the process.
But luckily for you, I am the greatest pumpkin carver to have walked the earth. I was born to carve pumpkins, it is my single reason to exist.

Remember, within every pumpkin is a masterpiece, you need only remove the unnecessary bits.

My controversial opinion; Don't give it a lid, just put a hole in the bottom for a candle and a chimney in the top. It saves burning your hand. :)

Also try looking up pumpkin speed carving world records for something interesting.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I'm with Unit on this one. That is a nice idea ;)

October 08, 2013, 12:37:37 PM #5 Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:45:17 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Pumpkin Carving for Kids Who Don't Know How

1. Cut open the top where the stem is

2. take out all the guts inside it

3. carve a scary face or image on the side of it

4. put a candle in it

5. your done
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Also, I've seen people use power tools these days to strip out the seeds and cut the shapes out.

Anything with powertools is good.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Did you guys know that there is a little stick of dynamite included with the pumpkin(free of charge) inside the stem?

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 08, 2013, 10:38:25 AM
My controversial opinion; Don't give it a lid, just put a hole in the bottom for a candle and a chimney in the top. It saves burning your hand. :)
Or just blow out the candle before you stick your hand in there.  :slap:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I decided I'm going to be very ambitious and make an extreme pumpkin in gdh92's link  by removing the skin with a rotary power tool and different scoopers to dig into it without going through. So I guess it wont be a typical jack o'lantern with a candle inside.

If it turns out decent I'll post a picture when I'm done!