Previous topic - Next topic

Which map do you prefer more?

Cloud City
10 (41.7%)
Mos Eisley
14 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 12, 2014, 04:02:36 PM

Pick the map you enjoy playing more, and if you want then explain why.

I prefer Mos because I enjoy close range combat more now (I used to prefer CC when I only sniped). I like how its balanced for most units and the stock skin is one of the best compared to other stock map skins. The design is also more balanced and there isn't really a "death trap" command post like the CFC.

Mos Eisley.

It's desert themed and a nice fast map.
I wish it were bigger sometimes, but it's solid as is.

They are both excellent layouts.  I like the hallway battles on Cloud City, but I'd rather play Mos.
(No cantina on CC.)

I'm not a big fan of either, I'm more of a Citadel fan. But between just those two, I would have to say CC, because of the chamber. Man I had some fun duels in there...     Too bad that it wasn't even close to the "real" Cloud City.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

CC is very fun for dueling with or without AI. It's also great with a full or almost full room.

Mos Eisley is great with a couple people and plays ok as a dueling map. With a full room it is hard to survive very long.

That is for multiplayer.

Singleplayer? Mos Eisley is far more fun. And that is why I chose it.

mos eisley cause its just plane AWESOME CC ehh not my favortie CC has no jawas.

I dunno, I've always liked CC over Mos Eisley. I like how the map has that hallway (perfect place for dueling), is balanced out as far as cover and combat, and overall it's more of a sniping map anyway (as I am currently getting into sniping). Mos has it's moments, but there are many areas I consider chokepoints or have advantages (such as the area outside the Cantina near the Housing, Hangar roof, etc.) I just like CC as a battle map, with detail though Mos Eisley wins it. Sure having the CFC is a notably detailed feature, though Mos has more detail with the junkyard, the ship sticking out from the ground, the sail barge, and the cantina itself.

Overall, I still prefer CC for battles and duels, though Mos is better if were looking at the beauty of the stock maps.

Soldier Class is great on both maps. That is rare with SWBFI maps...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 17, 2013, 07:12:47 PM
Soldier Class is great on both maps. That is rare with SWBFI maps...
I prefer CC for sniper trooper (and deka) but Mos for everything else. I'm not sure a map even exists for swbf1 that has perfect balance for all units. Some maps emphasize close range or long range combat more than others, and vehicles also impact infantry strategy to a great extent.

both are meant to be cities, and as far as war goes, i always like the urban combat setting. mos eisley fits that more. cloud city isnt really a city to me. If it was re-skinned, i bet it could be turned into a series of underground military bases in the middle of nowhere.

Quote from: Phobos on July 17, 2013, 07:32:54 PM
I'm not sure a map even exists for swbf1 that has perfect balance for all units.
Online? No.

Offline? Possibly.

It's very close for me but I would probably choose Cloud City because it has plenty of variety and, unlike a lot of other players, I enjoy fighting out of/into the chamber when it's the last CP. Hallway duels are fun and I spent about 6 years doing them on PS2 splitscreen before I even found the PLA CloudCity server online so CC does have an advantage that I'll always have good memories of it.
Mos Eisley is a well designed map and probably the most fair overall. I also enjoy sneaking around on without being seen and taking CPs so it's a very close second. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I like cloud City more because in SWBF1 you can duel people easily.
Derp.