Global v. Ru?

Started by Jamman, April 16, 2014, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey everyone

I was browsing games and came across two versions of Arma3. One of them was "Global" listed at 40$ and the second was "Ru" listed at 10$.

I have not seen this before and I do not understand why there is such a large difference in price. Any thoughts appreciated.  ;)

It might be for the Russian market.  Many goods cost less in other markets.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

My advice is never get the deal that seems ridiculously cheap, cuz there is always a catch...
Unless you know what you're getting I would go with the $40 game over the $10 game. After all, most games in my area cost me $50 anyway. ($50 is ridiculous to someone like me)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yea Whispers right there probably is a catch like it is only on Russian or something like that. The fact that you even thought of the country Russia means that Serjea is gonna kill you for being a Russian synthesizer... Probably :P
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Ltin on April 17, 2014, 08:16:13 AM
He creates Russians? Wut.

Play red orchestra 2. whenever i wanna feel bolshevik i play that game. the feeling of death around every corner....the fact you can never get your right class.....the fact theres a guy yelling constantly at you about retreating...the constant friendly fire from artillery....ahhhhh its feels good sometimes...oh and listen to this song on repeat nonstop.

Ltin, another meaning of the word "synthesizer" means to support or back up something
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Birdo is correct.
Synthesize - create something
Sympathize - feel bad for someone -- in this case decides to side with them.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on April 17, 2014, 03:20:23 PM
Birdo is correct.
Synthesize - create something
Sympathize - feel bad for someone -- in this case decides to side with them.

when am i wrong? ;P

Quote from: hellish hellbird on April 17, 2014, 03:26:47 PM
when am i wrong? ;P

Your fighting judgment in Plane V Ground battles... (according to your siggy)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper