Mod map trouble :(

Started by SteeSy, December 23, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I think I am a potential modder,
but I have two major problems.
First off, i cannot insert cp regions. I have looked under the region tab have been unable to find it  :rant:.
My other problem is that I cannot seem to rotate objects. I have tried the rotate button but can't seem to rotate it.  :'(

SteeSy

SteeSy

To insert CP regions, do the following:

1) In ZE click on the Regions tab

2) Click "New Group" and select the sphere, place it somewhere near a CP and adjust

3)This will be your capture region, say it's for your CP named "CP3"

4) Under Region ID write in "CP3Sphere" and under Properties write in "CP3Capture"

5) Now, go back to objects, click on your CP and to the right some boxes to fill in should appear.

6) Under captureregion type in "CP3Capture", because that was the properties name you gave it, make sure to press enter after typing it in

7) To set up control regions, do the same thing, except use box regions, and change the properties so it says "CP3Control" or whatever corresponds, and write in CP3Control under the Control Region part of the CP.

Hope it helps!

thanks hc, problem is I cannot insert cps. and they don't come along with the default maps either. So i cant insert cps for some reason.
SteeSy

I'm BD.

Anyway, to insert new CP's, go into zero editor and when you press select object, go to this directory

Data(MODNAME)/Common/ODF's

That is where the ODF's for the CP's, vehicle spawns, recharge droids, etc. are stored.

Call him Frosty the Wampa or wampa for short.

ok, thanks hardcore, now it seems so easy lol.
but you did not ansewer about how to rotate objects.....
SteeSy

Oh sorry

Also, for the last time, I'm not hardcore :P

To rotate, simply select the object, hold down x, and use the mouse buttons to rotate it different direction

What program are we talking about?

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Zeroeditor, the map making program for SWBF.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Sorry breakdown. I was discussing it with someone named hardcore and I musted have put down the wrong name...
Thank you thou. This has really helped.
SteeSy