Salute to the Wookie

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, December 14, 2009, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The wookie is one of the best soldiers in the game. The bowcaster can be charged up for various bolt numbers, depending on the situation. It can't fire as fast as the normal soldier's rifle can, but it doesn't lose any accuracy over time in single-shot mode. The grenade launcher lets the wookie carry about 12 more grenades than most soldiers, plus they can be launched further. The time bomb, the most powerful explosive in the game, deals heavy damage to vehicles, and it sticks. 2 time bombs blow up an AT-ST. The wookie anti-infantry AND anti-tank. He is good in almost any situation and has about .5x as much health as a normal soldier.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is the wookie in a nutshell. Now, on to the second part of the salute. Pictures!

(Bye Bye Turret)

Part 2!

The point of this, you ask? Well, the wookie is so overshadowed by the jet trooper for "Best Unit". This is to remind people that there is more than one reasonable nominee for that title.

i like the way the thump sounds when he lands on the floor after a jump.

Snipers the best :P Its sooo easy to kill a jet with a sniper. and wookies move so slow snipers pwn them with ease :P

Rex, i promise you i can out play you with a wookiee againts a sniper.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Being slow can give you an advantage over someone trying to snipe you. Dozens of times have a human sniper missed my head only because they failed to take into account the fact that wookies move slower. And that's from a distance.
But short-range? Forget about it. Sniper is dead.

A sniper could own up a wookie... I have to say...

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

the only way to tell is to have a sniper wookie challenge. i will make a mission file that only has wookies vs sniper ais just for fun. if anyone wants to have the challenge 1 on 1 let me know i would like to watch the match.

guys i realy hate this crappy animal. Maybe its because of his slow walking and his big posture but i can own every wookie whit every kind of unit (exept if the unit is a much better player then me xD)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

We all have to keep in mind this is a Salute to the Wookie. ~{PLA}~ Seth it looks like you got a couple of challengers. If you do decide to take them on call me, I would love to be there.

Quote from: Captain Rex on December 14, 2009, 08:10:37 PM
Snipers the best :P Its sooo easy to kill a jet with a sniper. and wookies move so slow snipers pwn them with ease :P
Apparently you guys STILL haven't found class balances. SNIPER IS SO EASY TO KILL WITH JET. The shots register more because of the snipers small body mass and no health.

Wookies OWN jet close range. End of story. If you charge your bowcaster, and aim for the chest, the jet's large and wide body area will be hit. This means instant 1hit ko.

No, it's not easy to kill a jet with a sniper. Well a good jet anyways. And, finally,

Wookie can fight Sniper. But the wookie has a huge head, making it seem like an easy target. But if you know the wookie movement, then you can't get it.

Wookie>Jet>Sniper>Rocket>Trooper>Pilot
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Quote from: quik on December 20, 2009, 08:51:23 AM
SNIPER IS SO EASY TO KILL WITH JET. The shots register more because of the snipers small body mass and no health.
And because the rebel sniper is a chick?

Quote from: quik on December 20, 2009, 08:51:23 AM
Wookie>Jet>Sniper>Rocket>Trooper>Pilot

Pilots are ranked last? That's so wrong  ;)
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Ya wookie should be last, i bet i can take out loads of wookies whit ANY of those ranks i can also kill snipers whit rockets and troopers. You can kill them whit troopers because people ofthen screar out and run to a hiding place so they dont get hit

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

I usually play as imperials so I don't really play as the wookie.   I normally just wreck havoc with troopers.
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)