Preferred Fighting Unit

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, December 11, 2009, 08:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What are your favorite units to play as on a certain side? Someone posted a "Favorite Side" topic, so I thought I'd take it a step further. Try and give some reasons why, too. Here's mine:

Republic: Jet Trooper. (I'm sure you didn't see that guy coming.) The rep vanguard is the best in the game though. He carries a total of 8 rockets, with 2 in a clip, making him far superior to other vanguards. Jet trooper all the way though.

Rebels: Best pilot in the game IMO. Usually, I'm either wookie or pilot, soldier occasionally, and sometimes the vanguard. I don't like their vanguard very much though. The shotgun and bowcaster are great for clearing out the hallways. The wookie is also a KING at clearing out the Carbon Freezing Chamber. Time bombs are great for rigging turrets and vehicles too. They are the only side that I play soldier as online, I like him better for some reason.

Empire: Usually dark trooper, sometimes vanguard, occasionally pilot. I like shotguns, what can I say?

CIS: I really don't like these guys, but I'm usually the pilot or vanguard. Occasionally I'll go Super Battle Droiding, too. The tri-shot is fun.

These are the guys I usually pick.

Actually Seth, I'd like nit-pick from something you said. The REBEL vanguard is the best in the game. They have a total of 8 rockets, but their firing time is A LOT faster than the Rep Rocket, making it A LOT more useful.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

I disagree. The rebel vanguard's rockets go crazy over a distance. They don't fly in a straight line like other rockets do. If you're going to lock on to a vehicle, they're the best, but for anti-infantry rocketeers, the rep vanguard is best.

But only for a distance are the rep vanguards better. I would much rather have a reb vanguard in close combat than a rep one.

I like snipers or vanguards.... Reb vanguards are good for close combat on cc or something.
But there rockets go haywire over a distance! My preferred rocketeer is a shock-trooper.
But sniping is always great... closed up maps I hate to snipe in.. I would use a rocket

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

rockets overall are noobish when used agaisnt a player against a ships its awwwlright but otherwise noobish...i like to use vehicles :P

So rockets are noobish, but tanks AREN'T? That doesn't make any sense. Some tanks have rockets anyways.

rockets are in everymap and generally tend to lay mines everywhere where as tanks arnt in all maps

Quote from: ~{PLA}~ Seth on December 12, 2009, 10:44:13 AM
I disagree. The rebel vanguard's rockets go crazy over a distance. They don't fly in a straight line like other rockets do. If you're going to lock on to a vehicle, they're the best, but for anti-infantry rocketeers, the rep vanguard is best.

Why whould you be shooting a LONGRANGE rocket anyways?
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

I'm not talking about how many maps they're on, I'm talking about how a tank takes at least a dozen (Depending on the vehicle) rockets to kill. Vanguard: 1 well placed rocket kills them, 2 still pretty well-placed rockets, or 3 not-as-accurate-but-good-for-a rocket placed shots. 1 mine kills a vanguard. Tanks take at least 2 mines to kill. Tanks don't have to reload and have INFINITE ammo, with JUST as much splash damage as a rocket. Rocket units run out of ammo very quickly if you're not careful. Any weapon in the game can kill a rocket unit. Blaster rifle, rocket, mortar launcher, bowcaster, time bomb, grenade, shotgun, whatever. All can kill a vanguard. In the tanks case, there are 3, MAYBE 4 (If you count the concussion grenade logical) logical ways to destroy a tank. Rockets, (Still takes 7-12, depending on vehicle) Mines, (Still takes at least 2, PLUS they have to be run over. Only well placed mines will destroy tanks. And even if a tank runs over a mine, they still have to run over more to be destroyed.) And the time bomb. And the time bomb, while only taking 2 for any vehicle besides the AT-AT, you have to be close enough to stick on to the vehicle, and the wookie is slower, so the tank will probably kill it before it can stick it to the tank.

Tanks are noobier than rockets in every way, clearly.

killing a tank is fun. you can throw a mine on to a tank or a ship just taking off. some how the game favors you and will throw the mine a little bit farther to land on a ship taking off. also has anyone ever recon a ship taking off in platforms? it is cool. i have uploaded a mission file that puts out more rocket ais than any other troop, it will be out soon.

Quote from: ~{PLA}~ Seth on December 15, 2009, 04:29:29 PM
I'm not talking about how many maps they're on, I'm talking about how a tank takes at least a dozen (Depending on the vehicle) rockets to kill. Vanguard: 1 well placed rocket kills them, 2 still pretty well-placed rockets, or 3 not-as-accurate-but-good-for-a rocket placed shots. 1 mine kills a vanguard. Tanks take at least 2 mines to kill. Tanks don't have to reload and have INFINITE ammo, with JUST as much splash damage as a rocket. Rocket units run out of ammo very quickly if you're not careful. Any weapon in the game can kill a rocket unit. Blaster rifle, rocket, mortar launcher, bowcaster, time bomb, grenade, shotgun, whatever. All can kill a vanguard. In the tanks case, there are 3, MAYBE 4 (If you count the concussion grenade logical) logical ways to destroy a tank. Rockets, (Still takes 7-12, depending on vehicle) Mines, (Still takes at least 2, PLUS they have to be run over. Only well placed mines will destroy tanks. And even if a tank runs over a mine, they still have to run over more to be destroyed.) And the time bomb. And the time bomb, while only taking 2 for any vehicle besides the AT-AT, you have to be close enough to stick on to the vehicle, and the wookie is slower, so the tank will probably kill it before it can stick it to the tank.

Tanks are noobier than rockets in every way, clearly.

First, you say that their is no limit to a tanks ammo. This is false. Their guns will over heat, and those with missles do have an ammo camp.

Secondly you went on to say that a vanguard will run out of ammo. That vanguard can then proceed to an ammo bot in a position a tank can't get to him in, and re-load, then go back for the tank.

Tanks are not "noobier in everyway". Tanks can take barely any cover, and have basically no maneuverability.  Rockets lock onto them. If a skilled rocket man can get under cover in a bunker, it is a cake walk to take out a tank.

Normal unit? Probably the Rebel/CIS sniper. much better scope, IMHO. Covers a greater range.

I do like the mortar units as well, like the IMP and CIS pilots. They have some fun weapons, that they do.

For the air, I like the TIE fighter. No missiles and good lasers. I don't need missiles.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Rep and Imp troopers.  I do better with rifle (and win more with it :D) I do like the vanguards and snipers are really fun too. I hardly play as the Rebs or the CIS at all. I just like the other two better.
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)