SWBF Not Working On My Comp... HELP!

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, November 03, 2009, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I get SWBF1 in late June, play offline for a month, start playing online late July, then boom.... Late August. My computer spontaneously stops reading BF1. It acts like it doesn't exist. So I play on my brother's computer for a month or two, problem solved. But his ultra bright screen drives me crazy. Worse, whenever I'm online, I lose connection CONSTANTLY. I can barely go two games without losing connection in the middle of it. Meanwhile, we take my comp to the repair shop to upgrade it, stays there for a month or 2 (Old comp) and then we take it home. It STILL doesn't work. SWBF2 works, all my other discs work... Just not BF1. And it worked on my bro's comp too. The worst part though, is that I was foolish enough to uninstall BF1 when it first happened, thinking that it might make a difference, so I can't play a no disc download or anything. It just acts like the disc doesn't exist... It doesn't load, the start menu doesn't come up, nothing. Would buying a new copy make a difference? Any help? I want my BF1 play to be CONTINUOUS when online and for it to actually look like it's supposed to.

Nothing shows up in My Computer?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I had a similar problem with a different game. I bought a new disk and that solved the problem.
Apparently, leaving the disk in the disk drive all the time wears the disk out fast. That might be the case with yours. Just buy a new disk, and swap the old with the new, and take it back to the store and get your money back.... but you didn't hear that from me.. I'm an imposter! ;)

November 03, 2009, 06:01:00 PM #3 Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:49:32 PM by keenmike
i have to remember to take out my disk every time i end. because my stupid pc starts up the dvd drive like a hundred miles an hour.

Well, those first 2 months I played SWBF1 constantly (It's an awesome game, what can I say?)
and never took out the disk. EVER. So that may be the case.