Weird SWBF Stuff

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, October 20, 2009, 03:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 22, 2009, 12:35:47 AM #15 Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:13:14 PM by keenmike
Quote from: keenmike on October 21, 2009, 06:06:46 PM
not a fake a make? prove it with a video? i give him a choice if he wants to prove it or not.
let me rephraze. with a video one can show the before and after. so, i am just asking if he can take a video and post it in xfire for a cool proof of something weird. something to think about, where is the lots of lag symbol at the bottom of his screenshot?

First its not a glitch its a fault in my computer. Secondly i haven't faked it. and 3thly i cant and will not make a video of it because i reinstalled the game because it stopped working and because of the reinstall its still working.
+ this is a pic of a guy shooting against the ground and it aint a glitch

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

October 24, 2009, 12:52:25 PM #17 Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:11:27 PM by keenmike
as for me, it is a nice file concept. swbf1 has been so big for so long this is what i would have made if i had come to swbf1 earlier. with jets every where it is not hard to think of ways to see them.

Quote from: keenmike on October 24, 2009, 12:52:25 PM
as for me, it is a nice file concept. swbf1 has been so big for so long this is what i would have made if i had come to swbf1 earlier. with jets every where it is not hard to think of ways to find them.
What are you talking about?

Quote from: CommanderChristian on October 21, 2009, 05:21:52 PM
I was playing dune sea as the clones and i used a starfighter to get on one of those giant pillars, the one nearest to the arch. I got out and started sniping and my ship blew up for no apparent reason. Kinda stinks when your not a jet trooper!

The self-destructing vehicles are part of the game itself - the idea is that there can only be a fixed number of vehicles spawned in a game and if a gamer flies their fighter some place out of reach and abandons it there (deliberately or by dying), then the fighter is stuck there for the rest of the game and useless to other players.  So when you make a map, you can decide how long a fighter can be left abandoned "in the field" before it self-destructs.  By destroying itself, it can then be respawned back at its original spawning location for another gamer to fly.  The mapmaker usually defines a safe zone where you can abandon/leave a fighter and not have to worry about it blowing up - this is usually near a CP controlled by your team - but gamers have no way of knowing where a safe zone is. 

The best way is to just get back into your fighter every once in a while so that the game doesn't think the fighter has been abandoned.  Every time you exit the fighter, the counter starts to tick again - the mapmaker may set the self-destruct to happen 30 seconds after being abandoned or 10 minutes. It's up to them.

In my BofC map, a LOT of self-destructing happens so that a fighter is always available in the CIS or REP cruiser hangars for AI bots to hop into... keeps the space dogfights constantly going.

One day when I was playing the COruscant: Knightfall campaign mission on SWBF2, when I got to the CP I was ordered to capture, and several jedi appeared and all came after me. One, I noticed, was the model of Yoda, but human. So he was the size of Yoda, but looked like the rest of the random jedi on that mission. He just looked funny and that's the only time I've seen it happen. I loled.

once on cc i was a wookiee and shot a nade at an imp pilot's head
it hid his head directly, then nade that yellow headshot flash, then his head disappeared
the grenade which was floating above his neck and exploded and he flew away

hey verik whered u get the swbf2 clone skins?
i had them once and lost them :(

Quote from: Napseeker on October 24, 2009, 11:17:38 PM
The self-destructing vehicles are part of the game itself - the idea is that there can only be a fixed number of vehicles spawned in a game and if a gamer flies their fighter some place out of reach and abandons it there (deliberately or by dying), then the fighter is stuck there for the rest of the game and useless to other players.  So when you make a map, you can decide how long a fighter can be left abandoned "in the field" before it self-destructs.  By destroying itself, it can then be respawned back at its original spawning location for another gamer to fly.  The mapmaker usually defines a safe zone where you can abandon/leave a fighter and not have to worry about it blowing up - this is usually near a CP controlled by your team - but gamers have no way of knowing where a safe zone is. 

The best way is to just get back into your fighter every once in a while so that the game doesn't think the fighter has been abandoned.  Every time you exit the fighter, the counter starts to tick again - the mapmaker may set the self-destruct to happen 30 seconds after being abandoned or 10 minutes. It's up to them.

In my BofC map, a LOT of self-destructing happens so that a fighter is always available in the CIS or REP cruiser hangars for AI bots to hop into... keeps the space dogfights constantly going.

That makes sense, thanks for the tip!
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)

November 05, 2009, 02:02:33 AM #23 Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:04:34 AM by keenmike
here is something weird.

here is something weird.

Oh yeah, I've been over there a couple times.