Star Trek vs Star Wars

Started by codergames, July 16, 2015, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do you understand the story behind Star Wars series? I don't, I'm a Star Trek fan myself, because it's easier to follow.
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

I'm a part of Lord Majesty's skillful clan of leaders.

I like and understand both. Though I personally like Star Wars a bit more, but that's just my opinion. I wouldn't really say either is better than the other. On a side note, this thread made me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/v/gd5yB9Vmd6I?hl=en_US&version=3

Tolkien (the Lord of the rings etc) >>>> Star Wars > (just) > Star Trek

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

So can anyone tell me the story of Star Wars, the whole story not in parts, I don't get it. I see a similarity with the bible, but the rest is just not understandable to me.
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

Quote from: codergames on July 16, 2015, 10:52:17 PM
So can anyone tell me the story of Star Wars, the whole story not in parts, I don't get it. I see a similarity with the bible, but the rest is just not understandable to me.

Its been a while since I have watched the film but this is what I took from it:

The main character is the Emperor, the story shows his struggles to rule an empire with incompetent storm troopers, lousy construction workers and a trusted servant with major family issues. The main theme of the story is that you gotta do everything yourself (otherwise you will have a faulty death star.... twice).

lol, that's funny, but I was serious. I watched movies even more than once and it was too chaotic for me to follow. I'm also mildly autistic, could be the reason why, so please explain the story to me.

July 17, 2015, 02:24:04 AM #6 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:37:11 AM by Unit 33

I tried to write it out, but there's so much nonsense in the prequels that doesn't make sense.

Here is a good summary:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130505185156AAIQ1mN
QuoteEpisode I: Two Jedi, Obi-Wan and his master Qui-Gon, end up on the planet Tatooine, where they meet a boy named Anakin Skywalker. Qui-Gon thinks that he is "The Chosen One", the key to an ancient prophecy which will bring the Force back in balance. Near the end of the movie, Qui-Gon dies and Anakin becomes Obi-Wan's apprentice.
Episode II: Anakin has now become a Jedi and has fallen in love with a woman named Padme, but love is forbidden for a Jedi. Despite this, the two decide to have a secret relationship. Meanwhile, the Republic falls into war with a Separatist group, and due to the army consisting of clones, it is called the Clone Wars.
Episode III: Anakin falls to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader. Obi-Wan battles him and severely wounds him, maiming all of his limbs and throwing him into a lava pit. He is resurrected in a black life support suit. The Republic becomes the Empire, and the Jedi are all killed when the emperor orders the clone army to kill them. This marks the end of the Clone Wars. Only Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Vader's two children, Luke and Leia, survive.
Episode IV: Years later, the Empire has built the Death Star, a space station capable of destroying planets. Learning from Obi-Wan, Luke decides to become a Jedi, but he does not know of his true parentage. Vader and Obi-Wan meet again, and the latter is killed. Luke goes onto to help the Rebellion destroy the Death Star.
Episode V: Luke goes to Dagobah to learn from Yoda, and meanwhile, Vader is plotting to capture Luke and convert him to the dark side. Vader sets a trap for him by capturing his friends on the planet Bespin. There, Vader and Luke fight. Luke loses, and Vader reveals that he is his father.
Episode VI: A second Death Star is built, and the Rebellion has to destroy it. The emperor also comes to the Death Star, secretly plotting to also turn Luke to the dark side, but to also replace Vader with him. Luke meets both Vader and the emperor on the Death Star, and there he and his father have a duel. Luke wins and nearly kills Vader, but does not give into his anger and remains on the light side. Angered, the emperor tries to kill Luke with the Force, but Vader redeems himself and sacrifices his own life to save his son, fulfilling the Chosen One prophecy.
.Basically in each prequel, Palpatine creates a crisis to advance his political career.
Indeed the entire Clone Wars is orchestrated by him to give him more power.

The originals are far more simple...
.Luke becomes a Jedi and faces his destiny

Thanks. I read it. I still don't get it.

Ah well... the only thing I can advise is to watch it all a few more times.

I'm watching Star Trek series again, I'll stick to that, it's easier to follow.

July 17, 2015, 09:19:18 AM #10 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:24:34 AM by Gold Man
Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 16, 2015, 02:50:41 PM
On a side note, this thread made me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/v/gd5yB9Vmd6I?hl=en_US&version=3
Really? I was thinking of this:

LOL indeed.