Css and/or DoD causing Computer problems

Started by khy, December 29, 2010, 11:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay well ive been noticing a bunch of things wrong with my computer lately, and i realized it all started with the downloading of CSS/DoD.
Basically my computer freezes alot now. I can still hear sound, but the screen freezes.
This mainly happens while ingame (one of CSS or DoD)
But has happened a few times while not in game, and i had never had a freeze before i downloaded those 2 games.

Also, my minecraft has had constant mini-spikes of lag in the Multiplayer server, and it pretty much started when i bought those, if i can remember.
So can someone help me out?

There is no reason that cds or dod would cause computer malfunction. Minecraft is in beta I believe so lag spikes are to be expected. As for in-game make sure that anti aliasing is turned off. That could be one source of you framerate issue

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

January 01, 2011, 06:38:56 AM #2 Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:44:51 AM by Mac
Quote from: John Marsnow on December 29, 2010, 11:38:46 PM

Also, my minecraft has had constant mini-spikes of lag in the Multiplayer server, and it pretty much started when i bought those, if i can remember.
So can someone help me out?

Hey Khyler,

If you're talking about the gamersarmy.net server, that's because they added so much friggin' stuff to it. I lag from time to time too and I have a high end Macbook, so don't worry about.

Edit: I just lagged 20 blocks, so there's your answer.

Okay so my comp just froze in the middle of me exporting a video from imovie, and converting an hour long video that was almost done.
It has done this much before, and never frozen before DoD/CSS.