these lines are getting annoying...

Started by khy, September 15, 2010, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

if any of you remember me making a topic about a single line on my computer a long time ago...
well its gotten a lot worse, taking up about half of my computer's screen
as you can see in the picture there are yellow, purple, and teal lines.
This was taken from my phone. while watching hulu
any suggestions on to get rid of these?

hmm, my guess would be that your display is finally giving out.

Does the lines stay between applications and after restart?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

With Apple, if it is a known hardware problem they will do the fix for you at an apple store. My battery overheated and busted out the back of my laptop completely, and I didn't have Applecare. However, they replaced it for free since it was due to faulty hardware.

September 16, 2010, 12:56:20 PM #3 Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:58:18 PM by Soap Mactavish
Good for you raje. I brought my macbookpro in for a battery issue like 1 month after the warrenty was up. They made me pay for a 130$ new battery. I find part replacemnt at apple to be exetremely horrible.

September 16, 2010, 01:10:04 PM #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:37:06 PM by Hardcore
She said a known problem, having a hard-drive die out after a year (or however long your warranty was) isn't exactly a hardware failure they caused. And so they would not replace it.

Outside of that, You can open up and replace parts in almost all macs, it just voids the warranty.

With a simple google search i found what seems to be someone complaining about a hardware defect of the same type, happening to his Imac, with vertical lines going across about 2/3rds of his screen. So likely you can get this replaced i'm still looking for a more substantial story on it tho.

EDIT: Here is the problem i'd say:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1580232&start=0&tstart=0

that 35 some odd page topic is all people discussing the same sounding problem, apple never actually said there was a problem but it seems many people were still able to convince apple into replacing it free, even out of warranty.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

would they turn on my computer and see stuff on there?
Cause i dont want to like, uninstall leopard, take off all my music, my games that i "found", etc.

Haha. Those who participate in illegal activities cannot very well go to the police for help after a robbery, neh?

Quote from: Hardcore on September 16, 2010, 01:10:04 PM
She said a known problem, having a hard-drive die out after a year (or however long your warranty was) isn't exactly a hardware failure they caused. And so they would not replace it.

well it was my battery. And i assume that battery issues are a known issue because they had testers for them and a specific warranty just for the battery.

id advise just backing up all your music and files you want. Your gonna need a new display/computer from my understanding

Quote from: Tyler Durden on September 16, 2010, 01:14:09 PM
would they turn on my computer and see stuff on there?
Cause i dont want to like, uninstall leopard, take off all my music, my games that i "found", etc.
You don't have an option. You'll end up paying for those (or about the same amount) anyway if you buy a new Mac, which is what you will have to do if you don't want to get it replaced by Apple.

This is assuming that they will actually replace it for you, which is a large assumption to make considering that they no longer make 17" iMacs. You may be forced to get a new computer. In which case, we can help you pick one out.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

September 16, 2010, 01:49:38 PM #9 Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:52:45 PM by Soap Mactavish
first advice Get Windows lol <--- nvm, id probably get another spam noticed if i said that

nah, but if you back up your data you can put your music on any Computer you get (mac or PC) however, im sure your games will only be Mac compatible. If you really miss them we can talk later about it.

What Red said is probably correct. If you no longer have a valid warranty, there's a good chance that you will have to pay for a new monitor if you bring it to the Apple Store to get it replaced. If you're Hardcore, you'll buy the part and manually replace it... but you're not Hardcore.

/random thought

Blame your movers for being reckless because it should be a good cause for the increase in lines in the display. Hey, maybe you can sue them and get some money to pay for the repair. :D

/end random thought

#TYBG

wish i thought of that AG. Nice one

/bump

It boggles me how you play CoD 4 with a monitor like that.

Any progress on these lines?

#TYBG

His computer is completely non functional now

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 02, 2010, 09:15:32 AM
His computer is completely non functional now

Yeah I made the bump before he said that his Mac wasn't functioning anymore.

Regarding that, shouldn't that topic be in this Subforum?

#TYBG