About beta patch 1.3

Started by hippox99, November 25, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi.

30 FPS in MP in a major issue for me. The beta patch 1.3 unlocks the frame rate in MP, but nobody uses the 1.3 patch? How can you guys play with 30 FPS? It's horrible, soul eating.

Also, is it possible to run 1.3 beta without a annoying, spinning CD? Mini-image, no-cd, any-other-circumvention. I hate this.

Thanks

November 25, 2013, 09:52:28 AM #1 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:01:25 AM by Phobos
Quote from: hippox99 on November 25, 2013, 08:37:01 AM
Hi.

30 FPS in MP in a major issue for me. The beta patch 1.3 unlocks the frame rate in MP, but nobody uses the 1.3 patch? How can you guys play with 30 FPS? It's horrible, soul eating.

Also, is it possible to run 1.3 beta without a annoying, spinning CD? Mini-image, no-cd, any-other-circumvention. I hate this.

Thanks
The problems with 1.3 patch are too numerous though for us to use currently. First of all there is not a no cd hack, and it only works with some of the original cds (not the DVDs from what I hear). Also the LAN mode doesn't seem to work for 1.3 dedicated hosting tools. We tried hosting it on tunngle and it didn't work. 1.3 has very nice features missing in 1.2 but there are unfortunately too many bugs for us to use it. And the source code is not available to modders so we are basically stuck with 1.2.

I agree 100% about how 30 TPS sucks and is unplayable for me. That is why I use /noframelock online. I can get 150-200 FPS in 1920 x 1080 resolution and this plays very smoothly. 1.3 adds this automatically and has less spiking, but it works great in 1.2 and I highly recommend using NFL if you are annoyed with the 30 fps default limitation.

see this post for other startup parameters:  http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6296.msg67483#msg67483

November 25, 2013, 11:08:21 AM #2 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:19:21 AM by hippox99
Thanks for the reply and info, Phobos.

I'm having some serious trouble, though.

I've downloaded the 1.2 dedicated server which runs on my laptop. I join which my main PC.

In the battlefront server.ini

I've tried changing

APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC=/win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound

to

APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC=/win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /noframelock

However, the results is still the same max 30 FPS on my joining PC.

But that's not all. 1-2 minutes after I join the game session, the connection will be lost to the host. I don't understand. I have to such issues with my other games on LAN.

Server settings through the server window,

LAN
Hosting bandwidth lowest/max same results (connection lost after 1-2 min)

BTW: What do you mean with this:

''[CMD]
COMMAND_LINE=/nointro /nowait /nostartupmusic /nomovies /noframelock /showallsessions /showallservers /fixedfunction

[IN_GAME_RESOLUTION]
WIDTH=1920
HEIGHT=1080''

?

Is that part of bat file? If it's a section of the battlefront server.ini then how come it looks so different to mine? Can you post your entire battlefront server.ini?

November 25, 2013, 11:17:33 AM #3 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:22:02 AM by Phobos
oh well /noframelock is meant for the client game EXE, not the server. for the server you should use something like /tps 60 in conjunction with /noframelock on the client for the best framerate. /noframelock doesn't work in the server INI to my knowledge.

the server batch file shouldn't contain the parameters I posted, those go in the SWBF1 launcher.ini if you're using battlebelk's custom resolution launcher, otherwise the COMMAND_LINE stuff goes in the shortcut properties for the game exe.

also make sure your server is using the /lan option. here's an example of a properly configured server batch
battlefront.exe /win /norender /noteamdamage /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /noaim /tps 60 /gamename Mos-Eisley-GCW /playerlimit 16 /playercount 1 /bots 12 /difficulty 2 /unlimitedammo /sideselect /throttle 3072 /ainotext /lan /spawn 5 tat2i

Okay, now I understand. I unlocked the framerate on the client and set the tick rate on the server to 60.

I'm still loosing connection to the server, but I'll try with your server settings. I did use 'LAN', though. I'll also try the launcher you're talking about. I'll post again later when I know more. :)

I highly recommend the launcher, it works wonders with graphics resolutions.

Yeah, I just tried it. Does the fov change, too? I couldn't tell. But it does look great in widescreen.

Quote from: hippox99 on November 25, 2013, 11:59:12 AM
Yeah, I just tried it. Does the fov change, too? I couldn't tell. But it does look great in widescreen.
Not sure about FOV manipulations.. I imagine it could seem as if it changes due to scaling and all that jazz, but my best guess is that it doesn't.

also you can enable Anisotropic Filtering x16 (if your video card supports it) for even higher quality swbf1 graphics in widescreen mode

November 25, 2013, 01:31:50 PM #9 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:38:33 PM by hippox99
I compared two images and the fov doesn't change in 16/9. E.g. you cannot see more of the map with either 16/10 or 16/9, but it fills the screen out. I do like proper aspect ratio, but you might not notice the incorrect fov.

Phobos, I never play without anisotropic myself, actually. It's way too blurry without. Anti-aliasing I can live without, but only if I cannot spare the performance. I even tweak LOD sometimes.

BTW, my tip is to limit your FPS to either 60 or 120 through your drivers (if nvidia) or through software with ATI. The point is, your PC consumes more energy rendering 200+ FPS than 60-120. In the menus the FPS goes way beyond 1000+. 120 FPS is the enthusiast's perfect standard, but 60 is good, too.

On graphics talk, is it possible to increase the view distance more than it allows in-game? It's quite funny to see people running in the empty air on some maps. I don't mind it much, though. It's fine and dandy.

On server performance, I installed the 3 CD version instead of my copy which is part of the Star Wars Collection release and updated it to 1.2. The server I reinstalled with the one I found on this site's downloads section.

Anyhow, running the dedicated server on the same machine (which also joins it) works perfectly at least. I still need to try with an external client, but think (hope) it's working now.

Is '/throttle 3072' good if only LAN connections?

Is '/audiosamplerate 44100' the proper command (without KHz)?

Anyhow, glad I found this site. It was getting frustrating getting nowhere. :D

Quote from: hippox99 on November 25, 2013, 01:31:50 PM
On graphics talk, is it possible to increase the view distance more than it allows in-game? It's quite funny to see people running in the empty air on some maps. I don't mind it much, though. It's fine and dandy.
You can, but it would require modding odf (odf classes can control LOD a little bit, the Geonosian Spire Dome for instance) or your SKY lua file for each world, which would be a pain unless doing some sort of collaberation for a SWBF HD project..

SKY file has two values, NearSceneRange and FarSceneRange, which you can modify to increase the maximum object visibility cutoff range. However a midrange that is too big causes more low msh deformity and is not recommended for maps with a lot of objects.

About the sound rate I don't know if the server settings have any impact on the client sound although I suspect they don't.

/throttle 3072 seems more smooth than 2048 and is a bit less laggy although tunngle lag is quite intolerable most of the time anyway.

Okay, that's interresting, -RepublicCommando-, Phobos.

Phobos, it's a client command.

/audiosamplerate [Rate]

The KHz shouldn't be in there, but I don't know about the brackets '[]'. I assume 'should not be there'.

http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_7.html

i haven't tested changing the client audio sample rates let me know if you discover something interesting.

Welcome to the site.  Let us know how you found us  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet