Help please!

Started by imaPAT, April 15, 2013, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello. So, I'm new to this whole modding thing, or just PC gaming in general. So I thought I'd buy this unopened copy of Star Wars from my friend, and here I am. I was thinking of starting out small, such as tweaking maps and adding more bots and such. Could someone help me out with that? It'd be greatly appreciated.
ATTACK OF THE MEGA WOMP RAT

Howdy, and welcome to the forum.

Like a lot of things, modding SWBF is a process. Some of it is hard to get at first, but you get the hang of it after a while.

There is a set of development tools put out by the developers thats really the hub of modding SWBF. you will want those. (SWBF Mod Tools 410mb zip)

The download page has some fixes linked to bring the tools up to date.

You will want to read the documentation. It will explain a lot of the process.  For the stuff it doesn't explain, we have a Modding Tutorial section and the SWBF1 Mod Factory for questions and answers.

Just starting out, it's actually easier to follow the docs and build a map and mess around with tweaking bits of it in stages. 

If you get stuck, search the forum or ask for help.

Welcome to the forums! This is a place where you will never be lost as to how to mod something. We have some of the greatest SWBFI modders right here on this site!
I hope you stay for a while. :)

Thank you very much! I look forward to one day possibly helping out someone in my position. But for now, the basics.
ATTACK OF THE MEGA WOMP RAT

I would start with common.lvl and side.lvl modding first, those are the the easiest. Also, welcome to the furoms, I hope you've downloaded tunnngle.

Welcome to the site! Great to see a new face. Good luck on your future modding!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!