Which do you play more? Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Started by Kit Fisto, March 27, 2013, 07:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you play more? Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Both equally
I want to see where the community is at, if it is mainly a multiplayer community or it can still be focused on singleplayer enhancements like mod maps, large side mods etc.

[spoiler]I played singleplayer for a long time until I got the PC port of SWBFI. Then I could play on the Gamespy servers. Then there was the Great Server Purge. Now I'm back to singleplayer only.  :confused: But I still have fun with mods and things of that nature.[/spoiler]

Multiplayer :P When the servers first went down I thought that may change, but thanks to tunngle :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I play a mix of both. I still love playing mod maps and side mods, though I also like playing with what's left of the community on Tunngle. :P

Singleplayer is a bit boring for me. I sometimes use it to record freecams, but that's about it.

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on March 27, 2013, 07:42:16 AM
Multiplayer :P When the servers first went down I thought that may change, but thanks to tunngle :tu:
Would you (or anyone else) have played only singleplayer if there was no way to play multiplayer again?

I play multi player a whole lot more, if I'm connected to the internet you'll see me on multiplayer, not on single player. I only play singleplayer when there is no internet and I can't sleep :P . If there was no way to play multiplayer then I would only play if a new mod came out or something, since I get bored with mods easily and most times I only use mods for a day. Multiplayer I play about 14 hours weekly and maybe 2 or 3 on single player.   

I played singleplayer and alot of Co-op on PS2 for about 6 years but since I started playing online I only play singleplayer for mods. Singleplayer is good fun but for me nothing beats the atmosphere you get going on a server full of real people and seeing all the different play styles and tactics that you just can't get with AI (yet :) ).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 27, 2013, 11:53:21 AM
Would you (or anyone else) have played only singleplayer if there was no way to play multiplayer again?

Yeah, I would play on single player just as much if tunngle didn't exist. There are hundreds of mod maps on here to be played. I never get board of campaign either :P

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Phobos on March 27, 2013, 12:06:28 PM
I play both equally, but MP is more fun  :xmastim:
I didn't know that you played singleplayer Phobos! You seem like a more "multiplayer only" type of guy.  ;)
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on March 27, 2013, 12:33:23 PM
Singleplayer is good fun but for me nothing beats the atmosphere you get going on a server full of real people and seeing all the different play styles and tactics that you just can't get with AI (yet :) ).
This is how I feel. If I could play online I would do that a lot more than singleplayer. But I'm just fine playing singleplayer, it puts you more into the "random trooper on the battlefield" which multiplayer doesn't do as well. Besides, some maps just aren't as fun in multiplayer. But in singleplayer with all the bots it really feels like a battle!
Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on March 27, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
I never get board of campaign either :P
Same here, I wonder why people bag on the campain for SWBFI. I like it way better than SWBFII's campaign.  :sick:

I usually play single player, instant action or galactic conquest. I really find the campaign boring though.

This is actually quite intersting to me! I thought that almost everyone only played Multiplayer and never played singleplayer. I'm happy to see that people still do that. Maybe we could come up with more singleplayer challenges then...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 27, 2013, 04:33:50 PM
This is actually quite intersting to me! I thought that almost everyone only played Multiplayer and never played singleplayer. I'm happy to see that people still do that. Maybe we could come up with more singleplayer challenges then...

I always liked the idea of having some sort of highscore board. Like the old pacman games have. Only we would do it per map. maybe start with 5 stock maps and see how it goes. Everyone just plays SP, takes a screen shot of the match and the top 5-10 scores are kept on record.

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on March 27, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

I always liked the idea of having some sort of highscore board. Like the old pacman games have. Only we would do it per map. maybe start with 5 stock maps and see how it goes. Everyone just plays SP, takes a screen shot of the match and the top 5-10 scores are kept on record.
I would love to organize a singleplayer tournament, but the thing is there is no way to regulate certain things like difficulty, radar, and Friendly Fire. If there was a way to make a mission map of a stock map to make the maps settings override the profile settings then it would be fun...
We can talk over xfire more if you want to help me.... :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 27, 2013, 07:32:51 PM
We can talk over xfire more if you want to help me.... :)
Yes! I would love too :D