Is it possible to get more than 32 ai on a normal server?

Started by Shap, May 07, 2011, 11:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I want to play with 6 players vs. 100 ai (for example) on the normal cloud city map. Is there a way to get more than 32 ai? I won't use a dediced server for it. Can anyone help me?!?

- Shap

Yes, you can edit the lua with battlebelks mission.lvl tool and put the unit count on 1 team to 100 and the other to 0 (unless you want ai on the other team also) just make sure that:

--  CIS Stats
      SetTeamName(CIS, "CIS");
      SetTeamIcon(CIS, "cis_icon");
        AddUnitClass(CIS, "cis_inf_battledroid",14) - This
        AddUnitClass(CIS, "cis_inf_assault",4) - This
      AddUnitClass(CIS, "cis_inf_pilotdroid",5) - This
      AddUnitClass(CIS, "cis_inf_assassindroid",5) - This
   AddUnitClass(CIS, "cis_inf_droideka",4)  - And This equal the Unit count when added together
      SetHeroClass(CIS, "cis_inf_countdooku")
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

From my testing I have not been able to implement more than 32 AI in a multi-player server, either for Internet, LAN/VLAN, or Direct Connect. The LUA edit only works for single-player. You can only fight 100 bots at once in single player. It might be possible to hack around this with cheat engine but I do not know how. The LUA code will not support over 32 AI in a multi player server. You can go slightly over 32 by adding a third team, but it often crashes when adding more than 4-10 native AI to stock maps.

what about on a mod map could it be done to have 6 players vs 100 ai

Quote from: Wusi.Mm.Target on May 19, 2011, 08:20:03 AM
what about on a mod map could it be done to have 6 players vs 100 ai

The PC game and the dedicated server tools only allow up to 32 bots. If there is a way to hack around the limit to increase it I would like to know but so far it has not been done.

It's been having a hundred or more on my mod servers.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder