Splinter Cell Conviction confirmed for mac

Started by Soap Mactavish, July 11, 2010, 11:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://play.tm/news/30864/ubisoft-dates-splinter-cell-conviction-for-mac/

Splinter cell conviction has been confirmed for mac this October. A guy from tripwire interactive claims that Ubisoft has a good chance of doing a native port based on the type of Engine they run with  conviction

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Conviction is a failure of a game on the PC. No voice or text chat, annoying DRM that requires you to be online 100% of the time (that includes singleplayer), crapload of bugs that wasn't on the xbox version...

...and the worst part is that Conviction is no way a Splinter Cell game, there's litte stealth involved and it has made me very, very upset.

I don't expect a mac version to be any better unless they fix this game and by fix I also mean completely bring back the original stealth series I used to love. Conviction to me is a spin-off action game, not a stealth game.

/end semi-rant

#TYBG

ag, we are mac users. if they gave us Mario we would be happy.  :whip:

July 11, 2010, 12:34:12 PM #3 Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:41:29 PM by ag
I'd rather get a port of Resident Evil 5 rather than a port of Splinter Cell. At least that PC port was done correctly.

#TYBG

I heard that the stealth element was done so poorly that if you were standing behind a completely clear glass window, and a guard walked by that he wouldn't notice you. :P

same way with crysis, but they intended for that i guess.

I'm more than surprised that of all Ubisoft games that they might find profitable to port, they choose Splinter Cell. An interesting choice indeed.

#TYBG

this should be coming out soon btw. I havent seen many ads tho