I'm Feeling Good Right Now

Started by Nikoli, August 25, 2010, 11:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I usually don't do this sort of thing but I can't help myself. I have never done this well in an online game before and even impressed myself.   int; shameless brag pic

Because of the learning curve of sniping, I still find that impressive. Good job there Nikoli!

#TYBG

Quote from: Red on August 26, 2010, 01:15:51 AM
Not that impressive since you were recon and basically sat around at mid-long range and shot people (especially on a campy map like aurica harbor). I used to have a pic of me as a medic where I didn't die once in an entire round while getting 5000+ points from just reviving and healing everyone, but I deleted since it wasn't a big deal and I would never use it anyways. Try to be more credit to team. BFBC2 isn't halo or MW2 where you just go and shoot people. :/

Just me being picky about people who take BC2 as a game to "rack up kills" again.

Wait were you on the server with me? How did you know that it was arica harbor? Anyway yes I was camping a little bit but I would like to think I helped since we did win and I was shooting alot of people who were trying to cap our CPs and I made them think twice before going out in the open.   Thanks ag!   Oh and Red I usually run around as engy or assault and cap CPs and the like, I just wanted a change of pace that round.

Nice Score Nik, i've heard sniping in BC2 isn't a cake walk like it is in some other games, and as long as you killed and defended i'd say you did plenty well your part even if it was from across the map possibly :)
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

red, killing people does contribute :)

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Stat padding never contributes.  Camping Recons that only use the Sniper rifle are the leading causes of a team loosing.

On the other hand if a Recon plays Long Range support properly by hunting down Engineers and Medics and Laying down Mortar Fire and doing liberal use of the Spotting mechanic.  Then they are useful.  I tend to prefer Aggro Recon, and getting up close and personal with the VSS or a Bolt Action rifle.

22:1 is pretty good though.  Work on the rest of your game though.  Your Objective score is pretty good, but your Team score is pretty low along with your score per minute.  Give some of the other weapons some use too.  The AEK, PKM and the XM8 Compact/LMG are all solid.  The 9A-91 SMG is also the strongest SMG.
http://www.bfbc2.eu/en/pc/stats/Delta_0316

Quote from: vf501 on August 26, 2010, 02:55:02 PM
Stat padding never contributes.  Camping Recons that only use the Sniper rifle are the leading causes of a team loosing.

On the other hand if a Recon plays Long Range support properly by hunting down Engineers and Medics and Laying down Mortar Fire and doing liberal use of the Spotting mechanic.  Then they are useful.  I tend to prefer Aggro Recon, and getting up close and personal with the VSS or a Bolt Action rifle.

22:1 is pretty good though.  Work on the rest of your game though.  Your Objective score is pretty good, but your Team score is pretty low along with your score per minute.  Give some of the other weapons some use too.  The AEK, PKM and the XM8 Compact/LMG are all solid.  The 9A-91 SMG is also the strongest SMG.
http://www.bfbc2.eu/en/pc/stats/Delta_0316

I should have started out by saying that I by no means am an awesome player, and that this post isn't saying OMG I'm soo beast. lol
Honestly though I only recently started playing recon and mostly play as I said before, engy, medic, or assault. As engy I'm taking out vehicles or driving them, and as medic I'm mostly trying to keep my squad alive so I usually don't get very many kills with those classes and I usually get ton of deaths as the engy while trying to take out tanks.  Regarding my team score, yes it is low but that is because I usually work very tightly with my squad. (notice that my squad score is quite a bit higher)  And about guns, my favorite guns are the Spas 12 with slugs and magnum, PP2000 with acog and magnum and the Aug with red dot and assault rifle upgrade.  Thanks for the advice though.

Recently I've been using the PP2000 with the 4x scope as the engineer. It seems like the oddest combination but it works like a dream. The range is a bit broken (I've taken out snipers with it and got kicked off a server once) but it effective. Try that out if you'd like.

As for sniping, I tend to stick with the gol with 12x scope and mag ammo. I really need my accuracy and the mag ammo makes up for the slightly butchered damage. I used to use the spotter scope but in practice you'll be capable of marking enemies faster than the scope, thus making it useless.

EDIT: Haha you already use pp2000 w/ acog. Good for you :D

#TYBG

August 26, 2010, 06:14:46 PM #8 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:19:58 PM by Nikoli
@ag  Yeah, I tried the Gol but I really didn't like it as it's really loud for my sniper style and to me it's a really ugly gun. I prefer the SVU since I like to sneak around at the front lines alot and it gives me the abillity to engage in all ranges of combat while still being stealthy. If I am playing normal mode I perfer the M24 since it reloads fastest of all the bolt action rifles, it has good accuracy, good damage, and it reminds me of the rifles we used at boyscout camp lol.

Also I don't want this thread to be all about me, so if you guys have some screens of a round you did really well in, by all means throw it up here. Doesn't matter what game it is. MPC is about being a community so don't be shy.

Because of your impressive run, this is about you. :D

I tend to do very well in Squad Rush, however the very limited player count is the reason why I've steered away from it. Right now all I've been playing is rush. The problem with Conquest is that you tend to go back and forth too often. There needs to be more flags to capture.

Also here's a nice experiment to try out. One thing noticable about vehicles is the fact that it can carry C4 on them, even in motion. You and a friend put 12 C4 on an ATV, ride it to the M-COM Station's wall. Let your teammate set the charge, M-COM Station is gone and the wall's blown to pieces. You're charged for suicide but at the same time you're getting 250 points for destroying it and any potential campers inside it.

I'd definitely love to try it out with anybody from MPC. It would surely urine off a few servers but it's a cool experiment.

#TYBG

August 26, 2010, 07:33:45 PM #10 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:37:05 PM by Nikoli
I do the same thing but without Tking lol it's really not a nice thing to do hahaha. One thing that I love doing is setting C4 on a quad and driving full speed at a tank, leaping off at the last second and taking out the tank with the suicide bomber quad.

So have you changed your soldier name? I rarely see you on anymore and when I do you leave right away.

My soldier has been the same, however I've been playing too often (I'm only rank 15) and I usually play in the afternoon. Once school starts I'll be playing at nights instead of afternoons.

I've been occupying myself with old gamecube games I used to play in elementary and middle school. Tony Hawk Underground, NFL Street, anything else I can find. :D

NFL Street is seriously hardcore, it can get really difficult to play.

#TYBG

Halo and MW2 should never be used in the same sentence...

I'll be the squad chopper pilot! lol