Double Posting and Rules

Started by {212}FrenchFryZ, September 30, 2012, 11:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Regent I know you have to edit everything but that post had nothing to do with the other post from before :( so i was really confused why you did that  :confused: I guess it doesnt matter but lol ......

Quote from: {Recruit}FrenchFry on September 30, 2012, 11:59:57 AM
Regent I know you have to edit everything but that post had nothing to do with the other post from before :( so i was really confused why you did that  :confused: I guess it doesnt matter but lol ......
I do not have to edit everything, double posting is against the rules with a few exceptions.

It doesn't matter that the "post had nothing to do with the other post from before," you are still expected to edit your post rather than waste space with a double post.
If for instance you wanted to show that what your adding to the post has no relation to what you've already written, most people write [EDIT] to show that it's not related.

It probably seems a bit convoluted, but that's how rules are.

Also, great episode guys!

no offense but i'm always confused by the religious opposition to double posting.

It's not religious, and we don't care if there is even half a reason.

It gets bad when there are huge signatures involved and you see 4 or 5 of the same persons signature and they just have something like a smiley or lol in the post, or some other not so remarkable comment.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It doesn't matter that the "post had nothing to do with the other post from before," you are still expected to edit your post rather than waste space with a double post.
If for instance you wanted to show that what your adding to the post has no relation to what you've already written, most people write [EDIT] to show that it's not related.

It probably seems a bit convoluted, but that's how rules are.

Also, great episode guys!
[/quote]
Okay thanks for being kind to me No one ever told me the rules..... ??? So ill be sure to just edit now :) thanks

Forum Rules
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=597.0

This should have been in your welcome email.

Quote from: Buckler on September 30, 2012, 05:15:58 PM
Forum Rules

Why did you put it in News rather than the Welcome Center or General? The news section seems like an odd place to put it, in my opinion.  ???

Quote from: Buckler on September 30, 2012, 05:15:58 PM
Forum Rules

It isn't.

My welcome PM.
Quote from: Buckler on March 25, 2011, 02:25:41 AM
Hey, SleepKiller! Thanks for joining.

Now that you have registered, there are loads of new options for you. You can browse the downloads, post replies to topics or even make your own.

Since you are a new member, you should make a topic in the Welcome Center, so that the other members of the forum can get to know you a little better. You should include stuff about you, like your operating system (PC or Mac), what games you play, how you found the site, and things like that. We're friendly, we promise. :)

So, have fun here at SWBFGamers and we will see you around.

Thanks!
-Buckler
Head Admin

And the E-mail.
QuoteThank you for registering at SWBFGamers. Your username is SleepKiller. If you forget your password, you can reset it by visiting http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=reminder.

Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=activate;u=1581;code=c6da84c85b

Should you have any problems with activation, please visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=activate;u=1581 use the code "c6da84c85b".

Regards,
The SWBFGamers Team.

September 30, 2012, 06:28:38 PM #8 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:47:01 PM by Buckler
Quote from: Agent Z on September 30, 2012, 05:23:34 PM
Why did you put it in News rather than the Welcome Center or General? The news section seems like an odd place to put it, in my opinion.  ???

Welcome center is for you to say hi and introduce yourself, general is for talking about whether you prefer waffles or pancakes.  News is for me to post things related to the Website. 

I can rename News to Forum Rules and News if that would help.

I will see if I can find the place where the email is at and put in a link to the forum rules.  edit:  I will need to see if I can get JedKiller to help me locate the emails.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, here is the registration agreement.  Note:  updated to provide a link to our forum rules.

Note by Buckler, the Administrator:  Certain email domains require manual activation by the Administrator of this site.  If you do not get an email upon joining, check back with 24 hours to see if you account has been activated.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Quote from: Buckler on September 30, 2012, 06:28:38 PM
Welcome center is for you to say hi and introduce yourself, general is for talking about whether you prefer waffles or pancakes.  News is for me to post things related to the Website. 

I can rename News to Forum Rules and News if that would help.

In my opinion, it makes sense to have the rules in the Welcome Center, because that's (probably) where most people post first and go to first. (Welcome Center sounds inviting) Changing the name from "News" to "Forum Rules and News" may help because the word "rules" tends to catch peoples eye.

Sorry if I'm a bit nag-ish. In the long run, as long as this site "keeps on keepin' on" I'm happy. :)

September 30, 2012, 11:15:22 PM #10 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:41:29 PM by regent
It's mainly about keeping things tidy.

Well Okay Thank You for the rules SleepKiller is right it wasnt in email and I either didnt see a forum about it or i just wasnt paying attention anyway Im good now! ;)