Re: Mac VS PC conversation

Started by Kit Fisto, September 24, 2012, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 24, 2012, 08:23:00 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:44:04 PM by Kit Fisto
First off I did follow instructions and you just didn't get my answer. ( I just realized that no one else knows what we are talking about!  :rofl: :slap: )
Windows dominate the market because they are cheap. And the ONLY thing PC's are good for are games. Mac's are for the working world. Jobs and companies use Mac's to do their work. Did you read the link I gave you?
http://apcmag.com/15_reasons_macs_are_still_better_than_windows.htm

September 24, 2012, 08:24:54 PM #1 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:27:38 PM by RepublicCommando
My arguing with your link Kit::
======================================================================
1.Reliable Sleep mode
My computer doesn't need this at all.
2.Extremely Fast Boot time
My computer boots in less than 10 seconds.
3.Apple uses good quality parts
If you treat your equipment right, it will treat you right, computers are NOT toys.
4.Less blinking lights
My computer has 1 blinking light on it.
5.Apple environment is better than windows
I don't disagree, but I do not agree, whatever you start with (apple or windows) it will always be your favorite, just like learning a language, you will always be closest to the one you learned first. in my case: Windows
6.Easier trouble shooting macs
I don't tend to have many problems since I know almost everything about my computer.
7.A culture of good community software
I agree that mac has upper hand here.
8.More useful apps out of the box
Just because Windows doesn't create apps doesn't mean it will have, I create applications with a simple programmer that only cost me 40$ and it is neat just like the Apples' features
9.Neat and contained system settings
I agree mac has upper hand, but again, if you treat your tools right, and put them up when your done, they will treat you nice.
10.Apple doesn't load the system up with "crap"
This is VERY true, windows is in need of GREAT improvement in this area.
11.Tones of small reasons part::
Those are just simple tools that are really necissary, but are nice to have. Like having a purple screw driver, and a red screw driver, and a green screw driver. Nice if you like a particular color, but otherwise useless, and taking up more "tool-box" space.
12.Still no need for additional securety software
This is the windows greatest problem, it has horrid securety, But Apple did learn from Windows mistake here, which is a good thing.
Points 13, 14, and 15 are good points for the mac
Overall, I wouldn't argue which one is best too much, but for us nerds out there, Windows tends to be the most liked. Sooner or later Windows will adapt just like Mac has, and we can argue some more. But for now, I'll stick to LOVING my Windows7 OS x86.

Quote3.Apple uses good quality parts
Apple and all computer producers use the same parts. Would you look at that the new mac books come with an Intel i7 processor well as it would happen, a new HP Windows laptop is cheaper and comes with that as well.

September 24, 2012, 08:41:16 PM #3 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:43:39 PM by Kit Fisto
You have to understand that people don't always treat their computers "nicely."
1. I don't know about windows but any Mac I have had, I have a 8 year old one, and the sleep is just as reliable as the new macs. Did the old windows have this?
2. Same as my point above, my really old mac takes about 30 seconds to boot up, how about an old windows computer?
3. Most people ( not you or I ) think computers/iphones are toys so... :P
4. Yes and Macs have...none.
5. I agree with this statement, I grew up with macs so macs are my prefered computer ( and I have a father that has MULTIPLE reasons why macs are better than PCs )
6. But for those who don't know everything about your computer this helps A LOT. Old people for example just need a quick way to fix the problem.
8. It says more useful apps OUT OF THE BOX. I think that's cool that you make apps for your pc but with a Mac, they are straight out of the box.
9. same as 3
11. I don't see anything in the typical Mac's tools that are useless.
:cheers:
P.S. My fellow Mac-ers! Where are you!?

So, where is gone number "10"? :D

Analize of arguments begin:
1. MAC's is most slow machine, I saw this day's ever.
Result: I have spent lot of time, to create decreased sides and maps, for MAC users.
2. MAC's do not allow modding.
Result: people asking each time, to munge for them something, instead training theyr own skills of modding.
Analize of arguments is complite:
MAC, is identificated, as enemy hardware/software, and need to be terminated and replaced.
---End of argumentation.---
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

buy windows pc then your mungers will all work

I agree Mac's are not good for gaming, but the only reason SWBF doesn't run as well as PC versions is because it runs better on Power PC computers which the old ones don't have.
Let's take the gaming aspect out of this argument and see which comes out better... :P

I would choose P.C. but this sort of argument has been going on for years, it's like PS3 and X-box, usually you just prefer the one you start with. :) Although since I expect everyone reading this plays games they will probably choose PC since games are easier to get working on them. I've even got Zork on mine ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I used to care about the rivalry. But now I have both a Mac and a PC.

Each are good for different things.

Quote from: Regent on September 25, 2012, 09:24:40 AM
I used to care about the rivalry. But now I have both a Mac and a PC.

Each are good for different things.
This, he knows what he is talking about.