Who will be playing on PC?

Started by aeria., October 27, 2013, 09:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I do plan on buying a nice gaming lap top (even though I hate laptops.. Track pads are terrible little demons in end of themselves..), and I haven't played on a console (besides the Wii, which I don't consider to be a console) in.. oh I don't know, 3 years?.. I can't stand the things..

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 30, 2013, 06:58:15 PM
or you can get a Parallel Desktop with Windows 8 and play BF3 and Battlefield 4 on a Mac Air

That's even worse. My 2007 iMac could barely run SWBF1 on parallels. Barely.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 30, 2013, 06:52:25 PM
Agreed. You'll probably have a way better chance getting the latest iMac though, at least, I think. Laptop-wise, you'd be better off with a Razer/Alienware laptop. Or some immensely powerful laptop from another developer that compares to Battlefield 4's specs at least.

Yup the iMacs have GPUs above the x50 series. However even still they're still the mobile versions of the graphics cards.

#TYBG

November 25, 2013, 03:53:21 PM #17 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:55:32 PM by hippox99
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 28, 2013, 04:37:30 AM
Hoping to get a better and more powerful computer (still debating over laptop/desktop), to play the new Battlefront. This laptop I have is a pile of junk really, though it seems to amaze me at the games it can play, and the games it can't play. Either way, I hope to have a powerful computer at least a few weeks before the game release (thinking about pre-ordering it too :D).

Why no console some might say? Because of these two reasons:

1. I don't got a whole lot of money to blow monthly (meaning I wouldn't be able to pay for Xbox Live)
2. I don't got a screen to myself besides my computer/iDevices/cell phone (Would hog the TV WAY too much)

Before thinking about pre-ordering any games, watch this:

Video by TotalBiscuit. It is quite long, though, 20 min.

I've got a pretty fast computer, so I'll be playing it on PC.

I think there's enough people wanting to play on PC to warrant a purchase for myself. :)

#TYBG