Darkest of Days

Started by khy, September 13, 2009, 08:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This new game is about a guy in the future, sent back in time to wars (Roman wars, Civil Wars, WW1)
To change history. Some times you even have futuristic guns in the old wars.
It looks pretty interesting. Here's the trailer. Your thoughts?

I played the demo. It was a pretty straight FPS, just the guns sucked. It had an interesting reloading mechanism. I thought the story was original enough, but the acting and execution of said story just plain sucked. I was left pretty confused all throughout the whole tutorial and first mission.

Overall, if you could rent PC games, it would be something I'd rent on a boring day to pass the time, but I don't think I would buy it at full price... maybe when it hits the bargain bin.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

yeah i saw some people's gameplay review videos and some of it looked cool but it was kinda sloppy, i wouldn't get it, i just think it's pretty interesting and original.

We'll you could rent it then toast it :D

Rex, to make duplicates of copyrighted material that you do not own is illegal. Not only that but games these days are FILLED with copyright protection.

#TYBG

Psh ag, you disappoint me, copyright protection hasn't been able to stop pirates so far, except for the FADE technique which seems to elude me at the moment, (Gameplay slowly degrades, as in GTA4 the camera slowly becomes a permanent drunk camera). But not that I would know.

I think the biggest thing stopping you renting a PC game and "toasting" it is:

You can't rent PC games...

I saw screenies of this game and thought it looked interesting, will have to try the demo myself, though JK's opinion has severely lowered my expectations for it...

This game was pretty much made by GFX artists and coders.  As far as I know, there were no real writers or voice actors for it.  The inhouse game engine they made though is real nice.  Marmoset can render out next gen graphics very well, but has some issues on the Xbox360 side of things, but is fine on PC.

8 Monkey Labs is pretty much a startup studio with this as their first game, hopefully they wont go under, and will refine their craft on the story/gameplay side of things.