Star Wars: Second Assault - multiplayer fan game

Started by Humberto Milanez, August 14, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, troopers!
I'm here to disclose this multiplayer fan game!

Download here:
http://swsecondassault.blogspot.com.br

Why is this so familiar? Anyways it looks nice. Did you make it, or worked on it?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Yes, he is the developer (edit- I'm actually a bit jealous of your skills.. Getting as far as you have with the engine, AND modelling, and designing a map.. Very impressed :tu: )

I thought that project was dead, nice to see it isn't!
We've got a similar project going, though we seem to be making a mod for battlefront before a stand alone game like that fancy gadget you've got going there.

Ah, Humberto! Glad to see you haven't given up, man!

I remember your original SWBFIII project you made a long while back, and if I remember I was one of your supporters. I'l have to try this game out sometime! :D

Glad to have you here! Got to say, you have an eye for level design.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

August 14, 2014, 09:27:14 PM #6 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:29:03 PM by Gold Man
Well, I've played with it for a bit. The animations are gimmicky, but nonetheless the gameplay holds firm. I cannot modify the controls (as I can't use the mouse to zoom in, since I use a trackball), so a control modification option would come in handy.

Both sides handle quite fairly, though I found I would keep restarting every 2 minutes to the start menu for some odd reason (probably due to no server being online at the moment, as the website states "the server will be online between 9:30am and 10pm GMT-3 timezone").

Oh, and the hardware requirements are half-decent. XP/Vista, 2.0+GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, and DirectX 9.0 are the minimum to run it, and it ran pretty well on my laptop, except for a few lag spikes.

Overall, solid game, just needs some improvements. In any case, it was fun to test it about, hopefully in the next few days I can see some of you guys online and play with yas. :)