What next generation gaming system will you buy?

Started by Carbon27, July 28, 2013, 11:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What next generation gaming system will you buy?

Wii U
0 (0%)
Xbox One
2 (7.1%)
PS4
14 (50%)
None of them
11 (39.3%)
PC
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 25, 2013, 10:54:34 AM

Quote from: Ltin on July 28, 2013, 12:20:03 PM
Xbox one because ps4 wont support standard def, and the xbox one might. Also, halo.
However, I think im going to use the PC this generation. Its always the better console

I think not my friend, the best generation is PC, but only the best RICH Generation have a PC.
Now a good pc costs around 1500 €
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

Quote from: FieroBull on September 18, 2013, 09:19:29 AM
I think not my friend, the best generation is PC, but only the best RICH Generation have a PC.
Now a good pc costs around 1500 €
My pc is in no way good. Be it can be upgraded to be better. And it has mods!

I only care about three console games: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final    Fantasy X Hd, and Halo 5. I would rather get a PS4, but in the end, I doubt I'll get one. If I do, it'll be in like five years or something unless there's another free console deal, which is how I got my current xbox.

Also

THE NEW BATTLEFRONT IS RESERVED FOR MY PC. I'm 100% certain that Battlefront will be on PC

I like my laptop, plus my dad has a PC with 3.5 GHz. I prefer to spend my money on something useful, like a synthesizer.

Quote from: Roxas on September 22, 2013, 09:10:22 AM
I only care about three console games: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final    Fantasy X Hd, and Halo 5. I would rather get a PS4, but in the end, I doubt I'll get one. If I do, it'll be in like five years or something unless there's another free console deal, which is how I got my current xbox.

Also

THE NEW BATTLEFRONT IS RESERVED FOR MY PC. I'm 100% certain that Battlefront will be on PC
I was debating about posting a topic about this recently.

You can play some Xbox 360 games on PC. Don't ask me how but I think you can. So maybe buy the xbox one version and play it on PC?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Carbon27 on September 22, 2013, 11:30:22 AM
I was debating about posting a topic about this recently.

You can play some Xbox 360 games on PC. Don't ask me how but I think you can. So maybe buy the xbox one version and play it on PC?
that would require an emulator. either that, or you're thinking of the steam console controller gamepad on a pc game thingy.

I would buy a PC if I had a large budget (which I don't), so I might go for the PS4. The Xbox One has pulled itself together somewhat, but they've changed so much and lied about so much I just don't trust the dang thing anymore.
(For example, "The Xbox One is built from the ground up to be always online. We can't just flip a switch and change that." *starts losing money* *flips switch* )

<insert witty signature here>

Quote from: RC-1498 on September 23, 2013, 09:57:58 AM(For example, "The Xbox One is built from the ground up to be always online. We can't just flip a switch and change that." *starts losing money* *flips switch* )
The reason they couldnt flip a s witch at first is that they needex to install one, and they didnt think it worth it untill they started losing money.

Quote from: Ltin on September 23, 2013, 03:15:33 PM
The reason they couldnt flip a s witch at first is that they needex to install one, and they didnt think it worth it untill they started losing money.
Still, at this point I just don't trust Microsoft to be honest about how they're managing it, and the PS4 seems much more focused on games than the all-purpose Xbox One.

<insert witty signature here>

PS4? no.
Xboxone? no.

Steambox.

I can't afford any of it, but Steambox sounds like it will need me to throw money at it.

Quote from: tirpider on September 23, 2013, 04:48:32 PM
PS4? no.
Xboxone? no.

Steambox.

I can't afford any of it, but Steambox sounds like it will need me to throw money at it.

I've briefly seen it before, and just now looked it up. Is it some PC-based console? Or is it it's own system?

September 23, 2013, 05:01:49 PM #28 Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:07:46 PM by Carbon27
Edited poll. Now it includes PC. Check PC if you are thinking of getting a new PC instead of a console.

EDIT: Now it won't let me change my option. :( Could a mod fix the poll to let you change your selection? Maybe I'm just blind? :wacko:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on September 23, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
I've briefly seen it before, and just now looked it up. Is it some PC-based console? Or is it it's own system?

Its a Linux based console with a few proposed methods of operating.
But it has(will have) a method for playing the Windows based titles already available on Steam, so I am going to guess it will be similar to the original Xbox (a PC crammed into a console), but with user modifiable OS and hardware.

I see no way for it to suck (any more than Steam does). And I'm pessimistic about everything.

So it is it's own console, sorta.

An argument against it would be to just stay with a PC.
An argument against that is wiring the PC to the living room TV every time you want to play a game.
Also.. Linux based OS = Emulators = Better console backward compatibility than consoles.