Which "game night" game should we have first?

Started by Kit Fisto, March 30, 2013, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which "game night" game should we have first? (read post before voting)

Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars: Republic Commando
For a first night I would say it's best not to have any mod maps. See how many people turn up first. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 01, 2013, 09:17:48 AM
For a first night I would say it's best not to have any mod maps. See how many people turn up first. :)
I think this is a better idea. Once we get a large enough crowd we can start to add mod maps.
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 01, 2013, 07:58:43 AM
I wouldn't mind hosting the servers depending on the date, of course.
Although I must say, if it's on a sunday (anytime), or tuesday (after 5 EST), I wouldn't be able to host for you.
Yes, I have dedicated software ;)
So you wouldn't mind hosting a server for us? I think a better day would be Saturday, around the same time Buckler used to have his DC's. That time seemed to work for the most time zones.

So its settled then! We will play SWBFII for our first game night.

Now, onto the maps. What maps would you guys want to do? Please list 3 of your favorite maps. We could just do all of them and set it on random...
What about Capture the Flag? Hunt? Ok here is how I'm going to do this. To "vote" on what maps/modes do it this way.

1) at least 3 conquest maps of your choosing, include eras
2) at least 2 Capture the Flag maps of your choosing, include eras
3) at least 1 Hunt map
4) at least 1 space map (if you don't know what the different kinds are just say CW or GCW. :)

Here is mine so you can compare it:

1) Death Star GCW, Coruscant: CW, Dagobah: GCW
2) Tantive IV: GCW, Yavin IV: CW
3) Hoth
4) Space Felucia (thats a CW space map)

Ok! We will do Hero's and Friendly Fire options after we get the maps down.

I really appreciate you guys for wanting to participate in this. It makes me happy to eventually be able to play with you all again.  :happy:

The only SWBF2 maps I really like where the space ones and the geonosis hunt. Well I guess I should dust off my SWBF2 disk and put it in and do some practicing. :D

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I will try to learn how to set up a SWBF2 server this coming weekend.  It will be busy until then--
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 01, 2013, 06:47:02 PM #19 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:50:04 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Of course you know, I cannot join my own dedicated servers.
But if you need my map opinion:
Conquest: Death Star CW, Coruscant: GCW, Mygeeto CW.
CaptureTheFlag: Utapau CW, DeathStar GCW.
Hunt: Hoth Echo Base!
Space Felucia Clone War era. (GCW space maps suck, epic fail Pandemic!)

Quote from: Josh on April 01, 2013, 05:50:22 PM
Well I guess I should dust off my SWBF2 disk and put it in and do some practicing. :D
You do know you don't even need the disk to play, right?
...\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\BattleFrontII.exe  is the direct location of exe, you don't have to even think about the disk!

I will join if its the swbf2 one, hurts my eyes though.

Quote from: -={212}=-!M@rt! on April 02, 2013, 08:17:18 AM
I will join if its the swbf2 one, hurts my eyes though.

lol Mart, I will come if I am free. I don't know much about the maps in swbf2 so I will be happy with what ever.

@Mart: [spoiler]Hobbits, of course, are markedly different from "man" in that they are rather short. They tend to be shorter than dwarves, a separate race, and tend to be not taller than about four feet (about 1 meter) at the most. To men, they often have a childlike appearance, and they tend to remain youthful looking until well into their 50s. Hobbits generally live past 100 years and do not officially come of age until their 33rd birthday.

These creatures tend to go barefooted since the soles of their feet are quite leathery and the tops of their feet are covered with thick curly hair. They do not wear beards as the dwarves do, and are most likely to have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Their skin is also rather dark, and they usually have slightly plush bellies. They also have extremely good health and can recover from illnesses and injuries, which happen rarely, more quickly than most would expect.[/spoiler]

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on April 02, 2013, 08:26:32 AM
[spoiler]Hobbits, of course, are markedly different from "man" in that they are rather short. They tend to be shorter than dwarves, a separate race, and tend to be not taller than about four feet (about 1 meter) at the most. To men, they often have a childlike appearance, and they tend to remain youthful looking until well into their 50s. Hobbits generally live past 100 years and do not officially come of age until their 33rd birthday.

These creatures tend to go barefooted since the soles of their feet are quite leathery and the tops of their feet are covered with thick curly hair. They do not wear beards as the dwarves do, and are most likely to have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Their skin is also rather dark, and they usually have slightly plush bellies. They also have extremely good health and can recover from illnesses and injuries, which happen rarely, more quickly than most would expect.[/spoiler]
Random  :blink:

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 02, 2013, 08:34:14 AM
Random  :blink:

Look above Mart's name/profile pic.  :moo:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I came here thinking that all these posts would be about the game night. Oh how I was wrong... :slap:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 02, 2013, 03:59:59 PM
I came here thinking that all these posts would be about the game night. Oh how I was wrong... :slap:
coming from the person who claims to be the local spammer, im not sure you should be talking.
Even though i wont be participating, ill still offer my two cents.
1. Utapua CW, Mos Eisley GCW, Jedi Temple CW
2. Space CW, Death Star GCW
3. Mos Eisley
4. CW

Quote from: Ltin on April 02, 2013, 04:06:15 PM
coming from the person who claims to be the local spammer, im not sure you should be talking.
Haha true.  :happy: