Which "game night" game should we have first?

Started by Kit Fisto, March 30, 2013, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which "game night" game should we have first? (read post before voting)

Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars: Republic Commando
I think it would be fun for members of this site to get together on more than just SWBFI! 2 games I have in mind are Star Wars: Battlefront II, and Star Wars: Republic Commando. It would be fun filled private server that only members of swbfgamers could join. I realize now that members of the SWBFI community are by far the most fun people to play any game online with, and I'm sure others feel the same!

I was originally just going to do 1 game, but I figured, why not do both and put a poll up for which to do first! So, which will it be?

Star Wars: Battlefront II? The sequel to the game we all love, with all the same people we like to hang out with
or
Star Wars: Republic Commando? A First Person Shooter that pits Clone Commando's against Trandoshans! But whats better is that you will be playing with all your friends!

If it is possible I would like to do both games eventually. But this vote is for which game we should try and organize/play first?

I'll come to either if it's in my time zone. They're both fun games. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

i Say say we do repcom since its a better game, maybe led could host a CTF game next Sunday, maybe a little after 5:00?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I vote SWBFII, since it is my 2nd favorite game of all time. I wonder what the first is?  :D
Quote from: Josh on March 31, 2013, 04:51:44 AM
i Say say we do repcom since its a better game, maybe led could host a CTF game next Sunday, maybe a little after 5:00?
The first game night will probably happen the 2nd week of April, so that the word can get out and we can organize what maps and modes we will play (for either game)

Led, would you be willing to host a 1 night server for either SWBFII or RC?

And for anyone who doesn't have the gamew, both are available on steam. And if any Mac player wants to join in post and I can try and make a quick tutorial on how to install SWBFII and/or RC. :cheers:

My votes SWBFII. I have the game, and my clan and I are trying to get more active there. It wouldn't hurt to show off some engineer-shotgunning I guess. :P

I would come to either, I enjoy both games.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 31, 2013, 12:37:15 PM
My votes SWBFII. I have the game, and my clan and I are trying to get more active there. It wouldn't hurt to show off some engineer-shotgunning I guess. :P
Show me all you like :P I always have swbf as a backup ;)

Quote from: {212} Nixo on March 31, 2013, 03:48:37 PM
Show me all you like :P I always have swbf as a backup ;)

Hmm, perhaps I should train some more on SWBFII, it's been a while since I've gone shotgunning, and I might be rusty. ;)

I have both and if i'm free would participate.  I choose SWBF2

I'll join if I have internet by then. I vote for RC mainly because the Sniper only game mode is really fun.

I do realize that you guys have differing oppinions and all, but it's pretty obvious that you won't get very far if you do it on SWRC, there are just too many variables (Surely I don't need to explain?).

It would be in everyone's (or at least the people that actually HAVE SWBFII) best interest to do it on BattlefrontII, alot easier to set up, more people use it, better control, less trolls, yada yada yada....
You get the point right?

I'd be up for a night of SWBF2. Do you guys want to just join public servers, or should we plan for a couple mod maps as well?
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

As of this post SWBFII has 83% of the votes, so we will probaby end up doing that game. We can do SWRC another time.

My plan was to have somebody host a server for 1 night. This server would have only stock SWBFII maps and modes. It would be password protected so that only people here could join. That way we could all be together in a new game and not have to worry about a "stranger" joining our game. I wouldn't mind including some SWBFI conversions if anyone is up for it. I know Marvel4 converted all maps to SWBFII with stock sides (I think, I have yet to try them out).

Would anyone mind doing SWBFI converted maps? Who is going to host? Do you mind if there are mod maps?
What SWBFII maps should we do? Should we resort to this poll I made already a while back? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6242.0

I hope, after we get this stuff all sorted out we can have a jolly good time together! :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 01, 2013, 07:18:10 AM
As of this post SWBFII has 83% of the votes, so we will probaby end up doing that game. We can do SWRC another time.

My plan was to have somebody host a server for 1 night. This server would have only stock SWBFII maps and modes. It would be password protected so that only people here could join. That way we could all be together in a new game and not have to worry about a "stranger" joining our game. I wouldn't mind including some SWBFI conversions if anyone is up for it. I know Marvel4 converted all maps to SWBFII with stock sides (I think, I have yet to try them out).

Would anyone mind doing SWBFI converted maps? Who is going to host? Do you mind if there are mod maps?
What SWBFII maps should we do? Should we resort to this poll I made already a while back? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6242.0

I hope, after we get this stuff all sorted out we can have a jolly good time together! :)

If there's going to be any modmaps, you WILL add Bespin: Cloud City to that list! I'm not sure if the map I have is Marvel4's conversion, but here's the download link if anyone wants it:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Bespin_Cloud_City;115155

I wouldn't mind hosting the servers depending on the date, of course.
Although I must say, if it's on a sunday (anytime), or tuesday (after 5 EST), I wouldn't be able to host for you.
Yes, I have dedicated software ;)

Any modmaps, modifications, conversions...etc are also cool with me.