Whos Loving Halo: Reach's Forge?

Started by Epifire, September 21, 2010, 08:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When I saw some of the promo videos on reach, I knew it was going to be a much more unique game than most console shooters.

I actually don't even own an x-box or reach, but I play it on my bro's limited edition package he pre-ordered.

So why am I so enthusiastic about forge? Because its the most inovative map editing system I know, and its fun for modders like me. So I just spent about a half hour a stealing a freinds x-box away from him to make a map, and I had a ton of props up and working before he kicked me off.  :P

So who else loves using forge?
photobucket limit image removed

How does it compare to modding on a comp using an SDK. (honest question)

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

For the fact you can place and create your own map... on a console. And you can place spawn points, vehicels, assign factions, and make your own structures by bungies prefabs they supply.

It might be just me not hearing about it earlier, but I just find it a touch of genious for the x-box.

photobucket limit image removed

It's also a huge world sandbox.
You can make your own gametypes and share them with your friends without them having to download anything.
You have so many options and some of the things you can do are crazy.

Probably the best thing to modding tools available for xbox users. I tested it out and it is definitely something you'd want to devote time into to get the most out of and be creative in. They've done an excellent job with it.

#TYBG