We need an mmorpg!

Started by quik, June 17, 2010, 07:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
MPCGamers has shooters, and fun games. But we honestly need a main FREE mmorpg for everyone to play together.

I don't know about you guys, but I personally hate playing mmorpg's alone. It gets bored. and the grinding...meh.

Anyways, we need one to play together! Any ideas?

Mine's: Ragnarok (There are plenty of private servers out there, they're free)
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Free MMORPGS have a terrible habit of sucking. I'm waiting for TOR, which I figure will be pretty popular around here before I start doing that drug again :P

i think it would be better for us all to get one game and play amongst each other. We had all come to a similar consensus of TF2. anyone wants to play...

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I just got TF2! So I heartily give it my approval  :XD:

im addicted to mw2 now. but i will happily play TF2 if anyones asks :D

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on June 17, 2010, 11:30:21 AM
im addicted to mw2 now. but i will happily play TF2 if anyones asks :D

ME too!

I'd love to play a  MMORPG with you guys. I've always been interestedin playing a decent free MMORPG online. But most of the ones I've found kidna suck.

I tried "Alloids Online", which was a pretty decent concept. But damn, it took so long to kill things, and it was pretty much a HUGE rip off of WoW in the way things were set up, it was ridiculous lol

But yeah, let me know if you guys find something decent, I might post here with any decent finds

-BD

there is a new MMORPG on steam,  i believe it is called tyrannis for mac and pc. link is below.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8500/

Thats an expansion for EVE Online which is a paid MMO and has a steep learning curve to get into. you think WoW is a grind. this has far more grind to it than WoW ever will.

Best free to play (IMO) MMO currently out is Guildwars.  The game itself is cheap to buy and costs nothing to play.  Down side is that there is no mac version so Crossover would be needed.

Some of us have played Knights of the Old Republic, a Star Wars RPG. The MMO version is coming out next year, so I'd say we should get pumped for and then play that.

Downside is it'll be $15/mo, but honestly, if/when you play an mmo, it becomes the ONLY game you need, and your constantly getting new content, which is what the 15 plays for.

Guild Wars is also a steep learning curve,

and grinding all together isn't bad. Constant grinding is an immediate turnoff. I've been bouncing mmorpg's. pristontale, maplestory, etc. I'm at a loss. We need an mmorpg with good graphics, fun skills, and easy to play.

star wars the old republic

lol at one point this forum tried to adopt WoW as a main game and imho it killed the forum for a while there because everyone was so addicted to WoW they didn't have time to post lol

I played dark orbit for a week or so (the spammage finally got to me) But, i was utterly rubbish, since then i'm frightened of MMORPGs... Might have a go at the old republic though... seeing as you can be a smuggler... :cheer:

Yeah TOR looks like the best option at the moment.

Mac users will have to wait and see when (or maybe even if) it comes out for Mac.  If it doesn't we will have to see if Bioware will support bootcamp/crossover users (since you can't get in on the beta no matter what you do on a mac).