Loading a custom common.lvl file while retaining stock option; client side too

Started by Led, July 14, 2012, 04:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, here the sample of my mission.lvl's, from Kamino and Naboo for testing:
http://oron.com/3chy7t10stnz
Sorry, I still do not understand, how this invention may work's (just like some other people), and can't testing it by myself. All, what I done, is add this line in my mission.lua's:
ReadDataFile("dc:COMMON\\common.lvl");
That's it. Hope it will works...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Buckler on July 14, 2012, 04:47:07 PM
With the random lua commands, we can also call server side compatible custom lua too!

I tested this extensively and the dedicated server ignores all dedicated shell and common LUA scripts. The best way to call on custom LUA for a server will be using the mission LUA since that is guaranteed to load for server.

I'm not near as experienced with this sort of thing, but I have a suggestion.

Instead of calling a new common.lvl, why not just put the reticules into side.lvl's? The skin changer obviously changes the .tga in-game through side, so maybe it could be changed to call for different reticule .tga's.

This is another option.  Sometimes you don't want to have to make new sides.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The "brain storm", is takes about a year :o for me, but finaly, I got how it work's! :tu:

So, here the tutorial update: you should put this line, exactly under "--end soundlvl", in your Mission.lua! Example:

--end soundlvl

-- Start sidelvls

Sorry, I didn't understand, how to make this update in time, before on-line support was over... :shrug:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on July 07, 2013, 01:49:39 AM
The "brain storm", is takes about a year :o for me, but finaly, I got how it work's! :tu:

So, here the tutorial update: you should put this line, exactly under "--end soundlvl", in your Mission.lua! Example:

--end soundlvl

-- Start sidelvls

Sorry, I didn't understand, how to make this update in time, before on-line support was over... :shrug:
What you can do is combine all your mod maps in one mission.lvl just munge all the LUA there with the new custom common update. It can work for all your maps and simple patch for players that way you don't have to re release every map.

Question: if this is a main game mod, does this mean we can run the common.lvl file from our own mod folder (IE my mod rests largely in "Data/_LVL_PC/BFE" so could I run a new common.lvl file from "Data/_LVL_PC/BFE/Common"?)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 06, 2014, 02:07:12 AM
Question: if this is a main game mod, does this mean we can run the common.lvl file from our own mod folder (IE my mod rests largely in "Data/_LVL_PC/BFE" so could I run a new common.lvl file from "Data/_LVL_PC/BFE/Common"?)

yes
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Nifty :D
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1