Mine map

Started by Carbon27, June 08, 2013, 11:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a(nother) request. The map, would be in a large, rectangular, building. The building would be about as tall as the average standing soldier, and quite wide, and quite long. There would be 15-20 paths, each going to the other end of the building. At the end of each building, a CP. The tunnels would really just be boring old walls, nothing to fancy. Now, here's the more detailed part. Each team has 2 different soldiers to choose from. One, a Miner. He would have normal mines, and he would start with 10, and all ten can be used at the same time. His secondary weapon, would be a Super Mine, a larger, more powerful, mine, and he would have three of those, and 3 could be used at one time. His third weapon, would be Mini Mines, small, not highly powerful, mines. He would have 20, and 20 could be used a one time. The other trooper, a mine removal trooper, wouldn't have any weapons, but a recon droid without destruction ability or shooting ability. This is a tad complex for AI, but it is more thought up for online fights.

25 tickets, no bleed, 2 CPs, lots of fun.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Well, then the recon guy could just run his recons through the tunnels repeatedly until it set off all the mines.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Give the recons a higher float perhaps?

This is one of those "easier said then done" ideas.

The map would have to be specifically for multiplayer because the bot routing would be a complete nightmare...
In addition to that SWBF does have an inclination to crash when a certain number of mines are present in a map (somewhere around 50?)

Sorry too shoot down some major points... but it's SWBF, so there are many limiting factors...

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 08, 2013, 01:22:29 PM
This is one of those "easier said then done" ideas.

The map would have to be specifically for multiplayer because the bot routing would be a complete nightmare...
In addition to that SWBF does have an inclination to crash when a certain number of mines are present in a map (somewhere around 50?)

Sorry too shoot down some major points... but it's SWBF, so there are many limiting factors...
Well, SWBF isn't very big now, maybe like 4 guys get together and play?

Quote from: Snake on June 08, 2013, 12:27:22 PM
Well, then the recon guy could just run his recons through the tunnels repeatedly until it set off all the mines.
That's the point. You use your recon to destroy the mines, so you can go further into your enemy team's territory. There wouldn't be any ammo/health droids on the map, so lets say you had 3 recons, you could use 3 recons to destroy mines.

Josh,

Learn the mod tools, and give it a try.   The few modders we have left are already overwhelmed.

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on June 08, 2013, 03:20:03 PM
Josh,

Learn the mod tools, and give it a try.   The few modders we have left are already overwhelmed.

:cheers:
I have already gotten mod stuff, I'm kinda stuck because of some glitches. And I'm not trying to overwhelm the modders, this is for when they get bored, nothing to mod, they can look back and thing "Hey, there's an idea..."

Actually, I think thats what the "I have an idea" thread is for.
But I could understand initially not wanting to post it there.. Lots of big scarey reading, and pages.. LOTS OF PAGES..