91st Assault Corps: The Battle of Coruscant (beta 1)

Started by Napseeker, October 20, 2009, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ah, don't worry XD I rarely use it nowadays either.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Better (IMO) download link:
http://drop.io/fio5rfs/asset/91st-assault-bofc-beta1-rar

Click download on the side.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

This is a really, really cool map, Napseeker. You've really outdone yourself, again.  :cheers:

I really liked the ships, the hangar battle, the ship lasers and everything. :D It was really fun to be playing this. Now all we need is a good multiplayer match...

Unfortunately, none of my computers are powerful enought to play this mod without an extensive amount of lag :'(
however, space combat was not as laggy as inside, and it was very fun :tu:
i love the crossfire effect with the auto turrets, i just wish there were some way to polit one or two of them....

November 03, 2009, 09:15:20 AM #49 Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:48:06 AM by ggctuk
I loved it! Of course, I had a CTD when firing missiles at the ship's external systems but that's because I believe the two ships were crossfiring at the moment.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk on November 03, 2009, 09:15:20 AM
I loved it! Of course, I had a CTD when firing missiles at the ship's sexternal systems but that's because I believe the two ships were crossfiring at the moment.

Sexternal?  Hey, this is not that kind of a map :P  Hmmm, that's kind of concerning that the game crashed!!!  Can you tell me which fighter you were piloting?  I'll just double check to make sure there are no problems with the ODF for the ship and its weapons.  I never once had a crash during my private testing so I want to make sure I didn't overlook something in my tests.

Has anyone gotten a chance to try this in multiplayer yet?  Am wondering if the lag is too great for it to allow multiple gamers.   It'd be tough to cut out the polygons on this map though, the biggest drag on framerates are the hangars themselves it seems.

I love it but i stand in front of one problem as i have all my bots at hard they put in mines and that will make spawnkilling for me ;__; Could you try to put a spawnpoint a backspace inside the ship?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

QuoteIt'd be tough to cut out the polygons on this map though, the biggest drag on framerates are the hangars themselves it seems.
yes, the hangars are the laggiest part, although i did notice less lag when playing with the original sides rather that the custom ones.  Still, my computers were not fast enough to play any of this mod without significant lag :(

Quote from: Napseeker on November 03, 2009, 09:27:53 AM

Has anyone gotten a chance to try this in multiplayer yet?

keenmike says count me in on a multiplayer game anytime you see me online in xfire nightly.

Quote from: Master_Verik on November 03, 2009, 10:41:26 AM

Could you try to put a spawnpoint a backspace inside the ship?

keenmike says no, the map is fine.
invite me verik, when you play this map set to hard.

November 04, 2009, 10:49:29 AM #54 Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:04:22 PM by ggctuk
Quote from: Napseeker on November 03, 2009, 09:27:53 AM
Sexternal?  Hey, this is not that kind of a map :P  Hmmm, that's kind of concerning that the game crashed!!!  Can you tell me which fighter you were piloting?  I'll just double check to make sure there are no problems with the ODF for the ship and its weapons.  I never once had a crash during my private testing so I want to make sure I didn't overlook something in my tests.

Has anyone gotten a chance to try this in multiplayer yet?  Am wondering if the lag is too great for it to allow multiple gamers.   It'd be tough to cut out the polygons on this map though, the biggest drag on framerates are the hangars themselves it seems.

Uh, I didn't write that, honest! :P

Well, I was piloting the Droid Fighter, everything was going fine, the missiles were working, then the two cap ships began firing at each other and I think it just got overloaded... there's only so many explosion effects the BF1 exe can handle.
In Progress:

On Hold:

ggctuk, i noticed that if you type right after the quote] your text will be included in the quote. the quote option will let you start your reply below the quote]
Quote from: ggctuk on November 04, 2009, 10:49:29 AM
Well, I was piloting the Droid Fighter, everything was going fine, the missiles were working, then the two cap ships began firing at each other and I think it just got overloaded... there's only so many explosion effects the BF1 exe can handle.
ggctuk, which of the two maps did you have the problem? how many ais and what was the setting? i would like to try to recreate and give feedback also.

Well, I played the version multiple times on the version with the new sides and I didn't run into any problems. The worst thing I had was the game slowing down slightly when I was looking right at the explosions caused by the ship's firing. :P

The hangar battles were really fun, I really liked the combo of having two battles and being able to fly into a space battle to the other one when ever you wanted. The only problem I could see was the space battle, there generally wasn't more than two or three fighters out at a time, which made shooting them down a piece of cake. I did like the bot routing they had though, they really were good dodgers when flying around their ships. It was fun for me to watch MF trying to chase down this droid fighter that was changing directions every couple seconds.

This is a really good map. Top notch once again Nap! :cheers:

Quote from: ggctuk on November 04, 2009, 10:49:29 AM

I wonder if there's a way to boost the memory allocation for the effects?  With all of the capital ship explosions and the tons of grenades and bolts being fired, perhaps I need to allot some additonal memory to ensure the game doesn't barf unexpectedly.

Rhino's comments did make me wonder: if you are standing right at the hangar's exit and looking out at the other capital ship being bombarded by turret fire, can you guys see the erupting explosions?  On both of my PCs, the hull explosions cannot be seen.  I have to be in space, and reasonably close to the capital ship when it is being hit by laser fire in order to see the explosion. Otherwise, I assume that the default LOD for effects just decides that I'm too far away and doesn't render them.  I do have my game video settings set to max, so I actually thought I should be able to see them even from the deck of the firing ship, but apparently not  so. 

I generally have to be pretty close to see the explosions.

Well, I think I saw the bombardments when I was close to the hangar shields. Mind you, I have to play BF1 in low else most of the ground maps end up with a big black shadow spread across the map.
In Progress:

On Hold: