Decompile Existing Mod?

Started by Cmd_Smith, June 03, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a way to decompile an existing BFII mod? I solely want to look at the files for a few weapons and units from a mod that I have in my addon folder. So is there any decent .lvl decompiler to unwrap the files so I can take a look?

:/ No way to extract textures?

Quote from: Cmd_Smith on June 03, 2015, 12:31:40 PM
:/ No way to extract textures?

textures may be possible, but I am not aware of any automatic tool.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Could you maybe walk me through the process?  :rofl:

1) Examine Riley's pages (search downloads). 

2)  Write your own lvl extractor.

3)  Enjoy.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 03, 2015, 01:29:50 PM #6 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:33:41 PM by Vîathan
Hey,

if you want to extract just textures from .lvl files, there is a .lvl extractor.
It delivers .dds files and you can convert them online or using photoshop or something like that into .tga files.

.lvl Extractor

Edit:
Extract the zip archive to any place on you computer, go into the directory (explorer) and press SHIFT + Rightclick. Theres a command "open cmd here" or something similar. Type in the name of the extracter.exe => extract.exe and then space and the .lvl name of your file

(or drag the .lvl file and drop it on the extract.exe)

Quote from: Vîathan on June 03, 2015, 01:29:50 PM
Hey,

if you want to extract just textures from .lvl files, there is a .lvl extractor.
It delivers .dds files and you can convert them online or using photoshop or something like that into .tga files.

.lvl Extractor

Edit:
Extract the zip archive to any place on you computer, go into the directory (explorer) and press SHIFT + Rightclick. Theres a command "open cmd here" or something similar. Type in the name of the extracter.exe => extract.exe and then space and the .lvl name of your file

(or drag the .lvl file and drop it on the extract.exe)

Thanks man! Works like a charm... although, when I open the files, it says some of them are corrupted/too large. I double they are too large.. why are they corrupted?

Quote from: Cmd_Smith on June 03, 2015, 01:47:21 PM
Thanks man! Works like a charm... although, when I open the files, it says some of them are corrupted/too large. I double they are too large.. why are they corrupted?
i tried this on BF2 lvl files before and got the same error. the extractor is designed for BF1 so im not sure if its 100% compatible. maybe there is a fix?

there is also battlebelks 010 editor script texture extractor but it also was designed specifically for BF1

Luckily, the files I wanted to see weren't corrupted XD