Custom side questions

Started by Rede, May 17, 2015, 06:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi!
I made a custom side only with skin changes. Its 100% multiplayer compatible, as well as 100% instant action compatible. Why does it crash in galactic conquests on some of the planetary battles as well as on Heart of Darkness" and other single player campaign missions?

May 17, 2015, 07:12:59 AM #1 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:17:49 AM by Anyder
If u only did a side reskin and u didnt touch anything else it's really weird that it crashes.
Idk what that heart of darkness is tbh xd but i guess it is not a stock map.

I have my own skin and some other edits in the weapons' odf, and i havent had a single crash, but look at the munge log, post here the errors and warnings
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Here you go, kind sir:

[spoiler]WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_jettrooper.msh]:rep_inf_jettrooper has 2379 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_atte.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: out of space in splitting catalog!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_atte.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: resorting to brute force, this may take a while...
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_atte.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: out of space in splitting catalog!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_atte.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: resorting to brute force, this may take a while...
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\all_inf_luke.msh]:all_inf_luke has 1171 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_aaylasecura.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: out of space in splitting catalog!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_aaylasecura.msh]:Mesh rep_inf_aaylasecura segment sv_aaylasecura vertex 6 has invalid weight[0]=1.000169.
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_aaylasecura.msh]:rep_inf_aaylasecura has 1597 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_aaylasecura.msh]:Mesh rep_inf_aaylasecura segment sv_aaylasecura vertex 6 has invalid weight[0]=1.000169.
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_arctrooper.msh]:rep_inf_arctrooper has 2031 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_clonecommander.msh]:rep_inf_clonecommander has 1560 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3anakin.msh]:rep_inf_ep3anakin has 2900 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3armoredpilot.msh]:rep_inf_ep3armoredpilot has 2193 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3cloakedanakin.msh]:rep_inf_ep3cloakedanakin has 3896 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3heavytrooper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3heavytrooper has 2280 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3jettrooper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3jettrooper has 2368 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3obiwan.msh]:rep_inf_ep3obiwan has 2936 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3sniper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3sniper has 4737 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3spacepilot.msh]:rep_inf_ep3spacepilot has 1797 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3trooper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3trooper has 1963 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_feluciatrooper.msh]:rep_inf_feluciatrooper has 1364 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_kiadimundi.msh]:rep_inf_kiadimundi has 1713 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_luke.msh]:rep_inf_luke has 1171 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_macewindu.msh]:rep_inf_macewindu has 2866 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_pilot.msh]:rep_inf_pilot has 2418 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_pilot_low1.msh]:rep_inf_pilot_low1 has 1060 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_trooper.msh]:rep_inf_trooper has 1807 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_yoda.msh]:rep_inf_yoda has 2283 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_oneman_atst.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: out of space in splitting catalog!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_oneman_atst.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: resorting to brute force, this may take a while...
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_oneman_atst.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: out of space in splitting catalog!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_oneman_atst.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: resorting to brute force, this may take a while...
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_weap_inf_chaingun.msh]:rep_weap_inf_chaingun has 1178 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
   0 Errors   35 Warnings
[/spoiler]

This is the complete munge log. Although, I think it's the standard ammount of errors even when munging the stock republic side :)

By the way, do you know where I can get the assets from the 1.3 patch?

Quote from: Rede on May 17, 2015, 08:35:59 AM
Here you go, kind sir:

[spoiler]WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_jettrooper.msh]:rep_inf_jettrooper has 2379 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\all_inf_luke.msh]:all_inf_luke has 1171 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_aaylasecura.msh]:SplitSkinnedSegments: WARNING: out of space in splitting catalog!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_aaylasecura.msh]:rep_inf_aaylasecura has 1597 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_arctrooper.msh]:rep_inf_arctrooper has 2031 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_clonecommander.msh]:rep_inf_clonecommander has 1560 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3anakin.msh]:rep_inf_ep3anakin has 2900 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3armoredpilot.msh]:rep_inf_ep3armoredpilot has 2193 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3cloakedanakin.msh]:rep_inf_ep3cloakedanakin has 3896 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3heavytrooper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3heavytrooper has 2280 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3jettrooper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3jettrooper has 2368 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3obiwan.msh]:rep_inf_ep3obiwan has 2936 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3sniper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3sniper has 4737 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3spacepilot.msh]:rep_inf_ep3spacepilot has 1797 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_ep3trooper.msh]:rep_inf_ep3trooper has 1963 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_feluciatrooper.msh]:rep_inf_feluciatrooper has 1364 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_kiadimundi.msh]:rep_inf_kiadimundi has 1713 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_luke.msh]:rep_inf_luke has 1171 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_macewindu.msh]:rep_inf_macewindu has 2866 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_pilot.msh]:rep_inf_pilot has 2418 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_pilot_low1.msh]:rep_inf_pilot_low1 has 1060 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_trooper.msh]:rep_inf_trooper has 1807 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_inf_yoda.msh]:rep_inf_yoda has 2283 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_weap_inf_chaingun.msh]:rep_weap_inf_chaingun has 1178 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!
   0 Errors   35 Warnings
[/spoiler]

This is the complete munge log. Although, I think it's the standard ammount of errors even when munging the stock republic side :)

By the way, do you know where I can get the assets from the 1.3 patch?
U havent touched anything, have u ?
I dont know where u can get it, but i'd rather not talk about that patch in here ;)

Heart of Darkness is the Felucia campaign mission.

May 18, 2015, 06:04:04 AM #5 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:06:41 AM by Rede
I am not making a map - only a side mod to replace the stock side.
BTW, why is the 1.3 patch "taboo" ?  :censored:
Ps. How can I modify the scopes? The files have the extension .texture, but cant be opened as tga files. Anyone had luck with them?

Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 17, 2015, 11:14:52 AM
Heart of Darkness is the Felucia campaign mission.
Lol... i didnt know missions had a custom name xd

Quote from: Rede on May 18, 2015, 06:04:04 AM
I am not making a map - only a side mod to replace the stock side.
BTW, why is the 1.3 patch "taboo" ?  :censored:
Ps. How can I modify the scopes? The files have the extension .texture, but cant be opened as tga files. Anyone had luck with them?
I think i didnt say anything about creating a map, but anyway lol
The 1.3 patch has some "mods" which are considered hacks by the community, such as the sniper reticule and the fake console which i, personally, dislike.
I think i have them edited, but i'd have to look at the modding tools i have in my old laptop... (I'll edit the post later)

Strange, my version of the patch does not add a reticule to sniper rifles. And i'm pretty sure I read that the fake console is server-side only.

1. The snipers reticule was always a matter of concern - thats why I use a fineliner to mark the dot on my screen. 100% foolproof, 100% safe, 100% undetectible  :tu:
2. 1.3 patch doesent have reticule for snipers and the fake console is fun when playing private matches  :XD:
3. How can I edit the weap_scope3.texture file in the folder C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ABC\_BUILD\Common\MUNGED\PC ?????  :moo:

May 18, 2015, 01:35:50 PM #9 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:17:01 PM by Anyder
Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 18, 2015, 10:13:41 AM
Strange, my version of the patch does not add a reticule to sniper rifles.
Well, i can tell it does ;)
Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 18, 2015, 10:13:41 AM
And i'm pretty sure I read that the fake console is server-side only.
That is completely false.

Quote from: Rede on May 18, 2015, 11:53:31 AM
1. The snipers reticule was always a matter of concern - thats why I use a fineliner to mark the dot on my screen. 100% foolproof, 100% safe, 100% undetectible
That is up to u, but i will not help anyone with any question refered to the sniper crosshair, im sorry.

2. 1.3 patch doesent have reticule for snipers and the fake console is fun when playing private matches
I can say it does, cause I've seen it myself.

3. How can I edit the weap_scope3.texture file in the folder C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ABC\_BUILD\Common\MUNGED\PC ????? 
To edit common stuff, u cant do it in the build folder, that is only for the munged stuff.
In 1 hour I'll post how to mod that...

EDIT:

I'm sorry, i completely forgot to post here what i was gonna say lol
So, to edit the common.lvl u can do it here: C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ABC\Common\interface

weap_scope3 is located here: C:\BF2_ModTools\data_NEW\Common\interface\PC

Anyder, thanks for answer,
I found the file, edited it, saved as tga with unchecked rle compression, but it does not show up in game - only the stock version. Do I have to check anything else besides Common in Visiual Munge? 

May 19, 2015, 12:52:24 AM #12 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:02:09 AM by Anyder
Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 18, 2015, 05:22:57 PM
I just took this a minute ago.
And i can take one of the previous SIDE to prove u wrong. But i wont waste my time this way.

EDIT:
Quite funny. I just watched ur pic. That update of urs has the stock SIDE, not the upgraded one.
I guess u dont know much about modding bf2, and i might be revealing something i didnt wanna say, but the sniper crosshair is not in the "common.lvl" file ;)

Anyder,
Yes, I'm a newbie :)
I already know how to toggle the crosshair on/off by messing with the weapon properties; but thats not what I want to do - I want a re-skin of the units and maybe some cool new weapon models for the clone troopers
I want to re-skin the zoomed view from the sniper rifle to make it look like the DC-17 sniper attachment zoom mode. THIS FILE: WEAP_SCOPE3.TGA
I cant get it ingame after munging - Any ideas???
Thanks in advance  :D

Quote from: Rede on May 19, 2015, 01:47:30 AM
Anyder,
Yes, I'm a newbie :)
I already know how to toggle the crosshair on/off by messing with the weapon properties; but thats not what I want to do - I want a re-skin of the units and maybe some cool new weapon models for the clone troopers
I want to re-skin the zoomed view from the sniper rifle to make it look like the DC-17 sniper attachment zoom mode. THIS FILE: WEAP_SCOPE3.TGA
I cant get it ingame after munging - Any ideas???
Thanks in advance  :D
I didnt answer u ,bro. I'll have some time in the evening to post about ur prob...