Greetings

Started by Riven, July 27, 2016, 09:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Survivor or refugee from the PS2 side of the game, coming over to the PC side. Had been around there for something about five years under various names. A couple of us from back then are thinking on making a come back on the PC side.
Veteran PS2 Modder
Founder of the Venom Consortium
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag

Welcome! :wave:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Welcome to the site, it's good to see some more PS2 players here. Hopefully by combining we can make some bigger games.
You can use a PS2 controller but I think auto aim is disabled in most servers. Took me a while to get used to the change when I switched to PC.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I do have a PC controller that just plugs into the USB and it seemed it didn't register with the game when I first tried it.
Veteran PS2 Modder
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag

Nice news !! welcomeeee hereee my buddy riven :D !!  :moo:  :cheers:

Okay, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but the Gameranger program is not allowing me to join active servers. I know at least on the PS2 version there was usually a short wait to be able to load in, but the couple that I have tried joining errors out of the load. The only time I have been able to join a server was after launching the game directly through the .exe rather than trying to 'join' a match in the Gameranger viewer, however when launching from the .exe directly it only was displaying about four servers rather than all of the ones visible in Gameranger.

While I am very familiar with the PS2 version, I know little to nothing on how to get the PC version up and running, especially given that Gamespy no longer exists.
Veteran PS2 Modder
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag

Are you trying to play 1 or 2?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Riven on July 27, 2016, 01:23:21 PM

While I am very familiar with the PS2 version, I know little to nothing on how to get the PC version up and running, especially given that Gamespy no longer exists.

I would encourage you to try our SWBFspy (the replacement for Gamespy).  You just need a patch to play on line--see the home page for a link to the appropriate patch.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

SWBF2 is the one I am trying to get running.
Veteran PS2 Modder
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag

Quote from: Led on July 27, 2016, 02:02:16 PM

I would encourage you to try our SWBFspy (the replacement for Gamespy).  You just need a patch to play on line--see the home page for a link to the appropriate patch.

I don't know much about gameranger but I would recommend you give SWBFSpy a go:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10570.0

Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

The .exe for that SWBFSpy looks like it is for SWBF1 not SWBF2
Veteran PS2 Modder
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag

I have tested and have confirmed that this is for SWBF2.

I had been looking around in the different posts connected to that one and must have some how gotten to one that was for SWBFI instead.
Veteran PS2 Modder
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag

Ok, so again I'm just a little confused. I have the SWBFSpy .exe, launch through that and after going to the join tab it shows only four servers available. If I then open up the Gameranger program it shows me at least fifteen to twenty different servers available. Again, I'm not familiar with either of these different programs because neither were used for the PS2 version of the game and while I did many things on the PC for the PS2 version, I never did anything relating much to this.
Veteran PS2 Modder
^V^|||Riven,,,
[RAPTOR]-RF-Lag