Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk V2

Started by Phobos, October 17, 2011, 03:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Doesn't core.lvl hold (munged) textures or fonts for chat?

it holds
textures for something
compiled shaders (.shader)
localization ([language].cfg)
fonts (.font) for all aspects of the game, including chat
for some reason, a copy of the stock animation and skeleton (.zafbin, zaabin) binary files
a bnk file i think.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

so which file calls upon the fonts to load for chat/reinforcement numbers? battlebelk must have modified the core as well as common to completely hide the interface. i made every tga file in common alpha and the reinforcement numbers are still visible.

See for yourself what is in core.lvl. The fonts are used glabally you would be making a lot of stuff you did not want invisable if you did do it. And that is of course if you can even work out how to make the fonts invisable. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=364 The fontedit.exe in this was made by Pandemic it is what they used to edit the fonts before they got munged.

i think in common.lv or shell, theres a script called something like ifs_boot or ifs_main_boot.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Yeah thats one that calls up the splash screens nothing to special. :)

October 18, 2011, 02:11:50 PM #21 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:16:39 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 02:03:50 PM
See for yourself what is in core.lvl. The fonts are used glabally you would be making a lot of stuff you did not want invisable if you did do it. And that is of course if you can even work out how to make the fonts invisable. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=364 The fontedit.exe in this was made by Pandemic it is what they used to edit the fonts before they got munged.
I cannot use your core builder or battlebelk's. They are missing way too much localization. Bamdur is the only one I know of who has the complete localization in his core builder. However, yours does have fontedit.exe.
I might as well combine them.

EDIT Ok im using font edit to erase font FFF textures, testing 2 at a time until all are removed. I will then munge core and test in game to see what is removed. Also, it seems there is nothing in the textures that control whether the font is yellow or green, so that value might be in a script or some other file.

My ones localization is complete. It simply uses a merged set of CFG files to cut down on the amount of time it takes to munge. And when you open them some things do appear as <<NULL>> but they go back to normal once ingame. But hey you think what you want to it will always be to your lose.

October 18, 2011, 02:22:42 PM #23 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:25:14 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 02:18:24 PM
My ones localization is complete. It simply uses a merged set of CFG files to cut down on the amount of time it takes to munge. And when you open them some things do appear as <<NULL>> but they go back to normal once ingame. But hey you think what you want to it will always be to your lose.
It's not to my loss to combine your core.lvl builder (better organized) with bamdur's (more compatible with my PC) to compensate for the features both are missing. It's actually to my benefit :wave:

And why are the fonts in your builder .FFF format while bamdur's are .FONT?

Because the .font is a munged .fff. You see? Even the fonts get munged.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 02:31:59 PM
Because the .font is a munged .fff. You see? Even the fonts get munged.

But your FFF is not the actual one used in the munged .font. You used ones psych0fred made that look similar right?

Yeah I used psych0freds SWBFII prototype font. But they serve the purpose of letting mod makers change the font to what ever they want. They are just place holders so to speak.

I think I know how to make wireframe models in bf1

Quote from: -=MsC=-BattleBelk
I used Blender for save UV face layout as image and hexedited msh for transparency
Saving the wireframe layout as targa, then hex editing msh to make transparent. Cull had a guide somewhere on invisible mesh I think. I will install blender and try to replicate battlebelk's experiment.